Mistborn Movie Casting

Chaos

I don’t really know who should play Kelsier, or really any of his crew but maybe this would work.

Hoid: Matt Smith

Lord Ruler: Benedict Cumberbatch 

Wax: Mel Gibson

Wayne: Chris Pratt 

Marasi: Jenna Coleman 

Edited by Herald Of Justice

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2017 at 6:44 PM, Lord Mistborn Skybreaker said:

I don’t really know who should play Kelsier, or really any of his crew but maybe this would work.

Hoid: Matt Smith

Lord Ruler: Benedict Cumberbatch 

Wax: Mel Gibson

Wayne: Chris Pratt 

Marasi: Jenna Coleman 

I like all of this but Wax being played by Mel Gibson. I don't think Wax is that old. I do love Lord Ruler as Benedict Cumberbatch tho.

• 5 weeks later...

I did a Mistborn Casting list over at IMDB, but here are a few highlights.

Vin- Millie Bobbie Brown (By the time the film is in production, she'll be about the right age) or Hailee Steinfeld. I would have loved to have seen Willa Holland in the role, but I think she is too old now.

Kelsier- Bradley Cooper or Aaron Eckhart

Straff Venture - Ray Fiennes

Quellion - Tom Hardy

Ruin - Eddie Redmayne

The Lord Ruler - Tom Hiddeston, Benedict Cumberbatch, or Adam Driver (the latter would make a good Jastes Lekal too)

Marsh - Aaron Eckhart or Michael Fassbender

Hoid - David Tennant

Tensoon - Idris Elba

Clubs - Danny Trejo

Breeze - Stephen Fry

Cett - Stellan Skarsgard or Brian Blessed

Ham - Jason Statham or Kevin Durand

Shan - Priyanka Chopra or Marion Cotillard

Preservation - Ben Kingsley

Sazed - Aamir Khan

Tindwyl - Veronica Falcon or Gina Torres

Dockson - Karl Urban or Liev Schreiber

Edited by Jellomancer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Image result for isabelle fuhrman 

Isabelle Fuhrman as Vin
(The Hunger Games - Clove)

Related image

Laura Carmichael as Shan Elariel
(Downton Abbey - Lady Edith)                                                       

Image result for alden ehrenreich

Alden Erenreich as Elend
(Solo: A Star Wars Story - Han Solo)

Related image

Ed Harris as Straff Venture

I know that's kind of a random grouping of characters but those are the only people for whom I have clear actors in mind.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2010-08-17 at 3:27 PM, Chaos said:

Indeed, I think Nathan Fillion and RDJ would both do a great job. I don't think it would be difficult at all for Fillion to change his usual persona into something more vengeful. The difficulty with Kelsier is that he's funny, but he's also dangerous. But, I would have no doubt that Fillion could pull it off.

However, I think RDJ could inhabit that personality better.

I don’t think RDG is anyone other than Iron Man! He did all that other stuff, but I don’t think he can “inhabit” any other role than the billionaire, playboy, philanthropist (all things Kelsier hates Btw). He seems too old, and doesn’t really feel suited to being Kelsier

Hey guys. Brand new Sanderson fan here. Just read the first Mistborn series this last winter and I have a lonng way to go before I'm caught up in the Cosmere! But here's my Mistborn movie casting! Tell me what you guys think

Kelsier: Dominic Cooper

Vin: Grace Kaufman

Elend: Tom Holland

Sazed: Harry Lennix

Young Lord Ruler: Julian McMahon

Breeze: Robbie Coltrane

Dockson: William Peterson (from CSI)

Ham: Jason Momoa

Spook: Nathan Gamble

More to come

• 3 weeks later...

I think this is all some pretty awesome stuff, and some really cool ideas. I think we all need to remember though that they only have a certain budget for these films, so if we're being realistic we can really only have well known actors play the main characters that get the most screen time. I don't think they could really afford to get this many stars, as awesome as that would be. All these crazy stars like RDJ probably couldn't be afforded. He was paid 40 million dollars for infinity war ALONE. So yeah, I'm guessing that the actors playing Kelsier, Vin, Elend, and Sazed will probably be the most well known, if at all. This is kind of going to be a prototype movie for the cosmere, and if it gets all crazy with hyped up actors it won't work. Also, as much as I'd love David Tennant as Hoid, I don't think that we can really afford to pay him for just a little bit of screentime. That's kind of the same situation as Lucasfilms having to pay millions for Mark Hamill to be in the Force Awakens, and not even say a single word. It would just be really hard to work. But I'd love it either way. I realize that most of this is just fantasizing about your dream cast and everything, so being realistic doesn't really matter. But yeah. :) I'm way excited to see where it goes, whether it ends up being a movie or a tv show or miniseries.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't read through any of this, but it would be interesting for there to be a Mistborn movie. I believe that one company had the movie rights for a while, but then ran out of time. Someone has the rights to it. Anyways, the longer companys have the rights but don't make movies, the richer Brandon's going to be.

2 hours ago, eleventh of the moon said:

I didn't read through any of this, but it would be interesting for there to be a Mistborn movie. I believe that one company had the movie rights for a while, but then ran out of time. Someone has the rights to it. Anyways, the longer companys have the rights but don't make movies, the richer Brandon's going to be.

As of 2017 its DMG that have the rights to the full Cosmere and have confirmed that they are planning a series for everything.

3 hours ago, Wander89 said:

As of 2017 its DMG that have the rights to the full Cosmere and have confirmed that they are planning a series for everything.

1 hour ago, Wander89 said:

Good dang or bad dang?

Awe inspired dang. That's pretty ambitious to want to use do all of the cosmere movies. The three stormlight movies alone are going to take forever- I assume several movies each. 

5 hours ago, eleventh of the moon said:

Awe inspired dang. That's pretty ambitious to want to use do all of the cosmere movies. The three stormlight movies alone are going to take forever- I assume several movies each. 

I know, the whole project is such a big undertaking that they will end up doing TV series as well as movies. But it's exciting! I just wish there were more news about any projects other than DMG acquiring the rights. Maybe they will wait until after GoT ended and more SA books are announced before doing anything.

• 2 weeks later...