Mistborn Movie Casting

Chaos

• 3 weeks later...

I pitch Val Kilmer as Breeze, principally because when I started reading Mistborn to my fiancee, she told me that Breeze reminded her of Val Kilmer as Doc Holiday in Tombstone. I read his lines in Holiday's accent, and it fit perfectly. Anyone that can do an old time Southern gentleman, but Kilmer comes to mind first. 

13 hours ago, StormyQueen said:

Well, I think Liam Neeson would make an amazing Sazed, just saying. He's got the right face shape, and I think would just work...

I agree! Liam Neeson would be perfect for Sazed. Morgan Freeman would also be an interesting candidate. 

10 minutes ago, uglyllama said:

I agree! Liam Neeson would be perfect for Sazed. Morgan Freeman would also be an interesting candidate. 

For me Morgan Freeman doesn't quite have the same look  that I see Sazed having (too wirey?), but for that voice, I'm in.

17 hours ago, StormyQueen said:

For me Morgan Freeman doesn't quite have the same look  that I see Sazed having (too wirey?), but for that voice, I'm in.

Yeah, I can see that.  Right after I posted, I saw somebody suggest Freeman as Breeze.  That definitely feels like a good fit to me (except that I always imagined Breeze to be somewhat pudgy).

On 28.07.2017 at 1:42 PM, StormyQueen said:

Well, I think Liam Neeson would make an amazing Sazed, just saying. He's got the right face shape, and I think would just work...

I totally agree with that! Even though I've always seen Sazed as dark-skinned, maybe mulatto.

23 hours ago, uglyllama said:

Yeah, I can see that.  Right after I posted, I saw somebody suggest Freeman as Breeze.  That definitely feels like a good fit to me (except that I always imagined Breeze to be somewhat pudgy).

Freeman doesn't too old for Breeze? I mean, oh, I see him much younger!

1 hour ago, periosteum said:

I totally agree with that! Even though I've always seen Sazed as dark-skinned, maybe mulatto.

Freeman doesn't too old for Breeze? I mean, oh, I see him much younger!

That's true too. I guess maybe I wouldn't be very good at casting for movies! Though sometimes adaptations can work out ok. 

I like Alicia Vikander for Vin, I think she has the acting chops and look to pull off the right mix of meek and graceful. She could be a convincing urchin and a convincing noblewoman.

I like John Malkovich for Marsh. He has an intensity about him that just screams Marsh.

Oh I don't know. Marsh isn't seen a whole lot pre-transformation, and he could be made to look 30-40's without too much hassle for those parts. His age may actually be of benefit in depiction of post-transformation Marsh, lines around the eye spikes. Most of his body at that point was hidden behind robes. I think it could be done. It's more the intensity he communicates than the look that sells him for me.

Just thinking about it though, perhaps Pedro Pascal could pull it off? His death in GoT was an extremely intense scene.