Mistborn Movie Casting

Chaos

• 2 weeks later...

Ok hear me out on this one but what about Mandy Patinkin as Demoux. He has the style for it and I have always thought of Demoux as an older, reserved man. It just seems to fit.

Don't kill me for this one but what about George Clooney as Straff. I think it would be interesting to see it in WOA and he could do the part well. 

These are my picks for the casting: 

Kelsier: Simon Baker

Marsh: Peter Capaldi

Elend: Sean Maher (when he played Simon in Firefly he had the earnestness that Elend needs and I feel he could pull off the arrogance that the role needs as well)

The Lord Ruler: Gerard Butler (When he played the Phantom in The Phantom of the Opera he had that sinister voice that I always imagined the Lord Ruler having, also with black hair he would look like the way I pictured TLR)

Sazed: Ben Kingsley (he looks the part and I feel he could have that gentle voice that I always imagined Sazed as having)

Clubs: John Noble

Spook: Arthur Darvill

Ham: Adam Baldwin

Breeze: John Cleese (maybe in a fat suit because I always imagined Breeze as a fat rich guy who just sat around drinking wine all day)

Dockson: Nathan Fillion

Vin: Zoey Deutch 

and from the Alloy of Law:

Wax: Hugh Jackman

• 1 month later...

I doubt Brandon would allow that to happen. He'll be working closely with the screen-writer I'd have to assume, to ensure it's to his satisfaction.

Yeah but the same thing also happened to Ender's game and it strays way too far from the original book.

Furthermore, nobody remember Reen? I would very much like Reen to be voiced by David Tennant and I can not wait to hear him say: "Kill [insert anybody happened to meet Zane]".

Edited by vietnamabc

• 3 weeks later...

Kelsier: Michael Fassbender

Vin: ziyi zhang

Ham: dwayne johnson / Jason Statham

Breeze: RDJ (using his impeccable British accent)

Dox: Martin freeman

Sazed:

Eland: Alex pettyfer

Spooks: Kevin Hart (test to try him in a serious role capable of humour)

Straf: Charles Dance

Lord ruler: rufus Sewell

Brian Cox or Ray Winstone would be ideal casting for Cett.

Yeah but the same thing also happened to Ender's game and it strays way too far from the original book.

Furthermore, nobody remember Reen? I would very much like Reen to be voiced by David Tennant and I can not wait to hear him say: "Kill [insert anybody happened to meet Zane]".

I think who'm ever plays Eland will play Zane also.

This is going to come off as a bit anal but it seriously annoys me when people spell characters names wrong. (if you don't know how to spell their name go to coppermind to figure it out!!!!).

I think who'm ever plays Eland will play Zane also.

It is Elend

Or Docksen as James McAvoy

Dockson

Kelsier: Michael Fassbender
Vin: ziyi zhang
Ham: dwayne johnson / Jason Statham
Breeze: RDJ (using his impeccable British accent)
Dox: Martin freeman
Sazed:
Eland: Alex pettyfer
Spooks: Kevin Hart (test to try him in a serious role capable of humour)
Straf: Charles Dance
Lord ruler: rufus Sewell

Brian Cox or Ray Winstone would be ideal casting for Cett.

Elend

Spook

Straff

Also, for the hearing him say kill [insert name], you are thinking of Ruin (though Ruin is known to use Reen's voice, I think he only does that when talking to Vin).

This is going to come off as a bit anal but it seriously annoys me when people spell characters names wrong. (if you don't know how to spell their name go to coppermind to figure it out!!!!).

It is Elend

Dockson

Elend

Spook

Straff

Also, for the hearing him say kill [insert name], you are thinking of Ruin (though Ruin is known to use Reen's voice, I think he only does that when talking to Vin).

Apologies. You're right of course, names are important, the author probably spends a lot of time thinking of them and the least I can do is spell them correctly. My ignorance comes from the fact that I listened to the audio books instead of reading them as I don't get much time to pick up a book these days unfortunately.

• 1 month later...

To be quite honest, I really don't care who gets cast to what role except for Sazed. In my mind there is only one person who should play him and that is Christopher Heyerdahl. If you have not seen him, watch Hell on Wheels. He also had a bit part in Chronicles of Riddick. 

Shave his head, put some robes on him and with his weird lilting accent and 6'4" height,  he makes the perfect Terrisman.

Edited by LinksUp

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think I approve of having Captain Hammer in one of my most loved books, even if he's a great actor...

Good point. Bit too buff for Kelsier. I pictured Kelsier as lean and/or lanky. Captain Hammer has a six pack. That might be his completely stupid Captain Hammer personality but if there was a Mistborn movie I definitely cough up the money for it.

I think Benedict Cumberbatch or Eddie Redmayne would both be great Lord Rulers.  They can both pull off that "surprisingly young but incredibly precise" look.

Also, Nikolaj Coster Waldau would make a great Kelsier in my opinion.  As would NPH. 

Since this movie seems to be growing ever farther into the future, I agree with the choice of Maisie Williams (Arya in Game of Thrones) playing Vin.  She's got a good look, great acting chops, and while she still looks very young, she's 17.  I'd have to see how she plays in more adult roles as time goes on (right now it's difficult for me to see her playing "married to Elend; Empress of the Final Empire" Vin, but maybe with a little maturity, she will be able to pull it off.  She would definitely have book one Vin down. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm still on team Ellen Page all the way (from Hard Candy, to Inception, I think she has it covered.  Also, Vin needs someone who can be snarky, and Page in Juno is queen of the snark), but I also think its getting less and less likely someone that age will still be in the right range when it comes time to cast the movie.