Mistborn Movie Casting

Chaos

TLR would be hard to cast, since he changes ages throughout the film. 

I'm pretty sure that you would need two actors, at most, to get this effect right.  Make-up and effects, long since known, can fill a lot of gaps.

• 2 weeks later...

Ian McKellen would make perfect Kelsier

So old that's not even funny. But Sir Ian would make a great older Lord Ruler. Younger Lord Ruler, gonna go with Benedict Cumberbatch, mainly because of his very pale skin, dark hair, and eerie performance as Khan in Star Trek: Into Darkness. Yes, I am well aware these two look nothing alike. That's what make-up is for!

As for Kelsier, I'm personally in the Simon Baker/Nathan Fillion group. 

What about Jensen Ackles as Elend? He has that angular face and is quite physical in his role in Supernatural. Additionally he is a fairly good actor.

Chloë Grace Moretz as Vin though I think she would need serious acting lessons to bring up her chops. Her physical nature and fight choreo background is a huge plus.

Tom Hardy for the Lord Ruler. Imagine this man walking out in a billowing trench coat and slapping the mess out of Kel

Tom Hardy and Jensen Ackles would get my wife in line before me, and they both both great actors.

I'm kind of confused about Kelsier's age. I've seen the quote that he's 38. Could that have been a joke? Or maybe the Coppermind is incorrect? It says Kelsier was born in 997 FE. It says Vin is 16 (at the beginning of the story) and born in 1005 FE. That's a difference of 8 FE. Is FE measured in 365 days? Is a day 24 hrs? Is an hour 60 minutes in this world? Elend, per the Coppermind, was born in 1000 FE. Spook is about 2 FE less than Vin. At her age, those 2 years make all the difference in terms of taking a boy's interest seriously so that "fits" with the impression I got in the story very well.

I'm also thinking an all star cast would not be within budget limits. There would need to be a mix of knowns/unknowns for financial reasons.  I know it's just for fun...but I think too much.

Some Vin thoughts. A few mentioned Chloe M. I found a picture of her with short, dark hair and thought it was worth including. This selection has a wide variety of ages of actresses. My favorite out of this batch is Samantha Barks. She has a many different looks. I don't know if she can do action but she seems to be able to sing and dance so I assume the coordination might be present. Eva Green came to mind based on 300 work. If not for Vin, maybe a flashback for Vin's mom. (if Portman won't do a cameo)

vin.jpg

Here's some for Elend. The first one looks like a baby in these pictures, but he's at that real life age of rapid change. I think he's about to be shown in several big films. I'm impressed by Jack O'Connell's versatility. I'm not British so I don't have any ideas about his real life personality but he has many looks for the screen.
elend.jpg

Edited by Tien'sPetLurg

Spook:  So much growing from 14-16. By the time this show would be filming, these guys might look just right or too old. Both guys have enough in them deliver his personality in the series. http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n170/neurobucket/mistborn/2ee4fc22-779c-4105-bb31-17d33a7c14f5.jpg

Kelsier's Crew: I'm not suggesting these are the only people who could fill the roles. Just a collection of possibilities. In my dreams, Patrick Swayze is alive and the right age for Kelsier. And Phillip Seymour Hoffman is also alive and at the right place in his life to be Breeze.  But -- such is the disappointment of space/time/reality. These choices are all alive. (at time of post)  Some of them (perhaps all of them) would be expensive to hire. http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n170/neurobucket/mistborn/crew.jpg

Here's some characters like the Lord Ruler, Reen or Zane, Papa Venture ;-)
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n170/neurobucket/mistborn/family.jpg
I do love my Lord Ruler choice. He's a great character actor and has a look that says he could be part Terrisman. (head shape, longer neck, height) Warren Christie is probably a familiar face to SciFi fans. I don't "know" him from the shows but his voice is a bit of an issue. I find it a bit high pitched. 

• 3 weeks later...

Being a HUGE Sons of Anarchy fan Charlie Hunnam needs to be in some sort of Role, he's a great actor. Maybe him as Kell or even Chris Pine as Kell. I think Djimon Hansou(sp) would be good as Saze because he's super tall and usually bald and an excellent actor.  Liam Neesom NEEDS to be Straff Venture and whoever plays as Elend either needs to have a brother or also play as Zane since I don't think we see both at the same time. 

• 2 weeks later...

Throwing out another one for Vin, since I haven't seen it mentioned so far: how do people feel about Ksenia Solo? I've only seen her in Lost Girl, where her character has a pretty different personality from Vin, but I can see some potential there, and she's definitely got the look in my opinion (the only thing off would be the eyes, but I don't recall Vin having dark eyes as being a particular plot point). Plus she's got dancing skills that would translate well to Mistborn fights.

I hope I do picture inserts correctly here...

3342i2q.png25rcbxs.jpg2e6a0q1.png

The Crew:

Ham: Gerard Butler  (as the guy who likes to appear to be a tough action hero but is really an endearing family man)

Breeze: Stephen Fry  (who comes across as stuck up noble)

Clubs: Timothy Dalton (the old war horse)

Spook: Elijah Wood (When Vin picks Eldend over Spook the thought should be, it might have been different if Spook was the rich kid in the suit)

Dockson: Alexander Sarsgaard (when compared with Kelsier we should think that they are as good as each other, but it since Dockson isn’t a mistling he is forced to the sidelines)

Kelsier: Ewan McGregor (I think he could pull of the former crook, fun, disappointing younger brother, action hero, and the compassionate humanitarian that is in the dynamic character)

Marsh: Hugo Weaving (looks enough alike Ewan and could do well as the bitter older brother)

Lord Renoux: Christopher Walken (the perfect blend of formal and creepy)

Sazed: Erick Avari  

Vin: I can’t pick, should we take it to a vote? Summer Glau, Ellen Page, any other suggestions?

The Others:

Lord Ruler: Johnny Depp (since he can play the evil ruler, who we are deep down open to sympathize with as the former hero gone astray)

Lord Venture: Jason Isaacs (he plays the entitled patriarch very well, both in Harry Potter and the Patriot)

Elend Venture
: Matthew Lewis (I think he could make it work)

Shan Elariel: Dekota Fanning (blond haired blue eyed Queen Bee)

Edited by David Coppercloud