Jedi, The origin story. **spoiler**

trixster

It just hit me that the Radiant are just Jedi. Evidence.\

1. Swords that spring form nothing and glow.

2. Power

a. Illusion (see Obi Wan in episode 4)

b. Defy gravity (jedi skill is force leap/fall)

c. Healing (jedi healing is not as good but it's in the lore)

3. I can't think of them all at the moment but the bottom line is radiant's are very Jedi like. And with Lucas adding in the Medaclorians(sp). Even more so.

It just hit me that the Radiant are just Jedi. Evidence.\

1. Swords that spring form nothing and glow.

2. Power

a. Illusion (see Obi Wan in episode 4)

b. Defy gravity (jedi skill is force leap/fall)

c. Healing (jedi healing is not as good but it's in the lore)

3. I can't think of them all at the moment but the bottom line is radiant's are very Jedi like. And with Lucas adding in the Medaclorians(sp). Even more so.

Uh, no. 

Jedi like, maybe, but 'just Jedi' ...yeah no. The idea of magical protector knights is hardly just a Starwars thing, I'd be mildy surprised if Starwars even did it first. Past that, the powers and role of magical protector knights are a pretty common fantasy element.  

Plus, you know, the organisation, structure, mechanics and overall feel of the Radiants are less Jedi and more Knightly Orders (or maybe WoT Ajahs) to me. 

Uh, no. 

Jedi like, maybe, but 'just Jedi' ...yeah no. The idea of magical protector knights is hardly just a Starwars thing, I'd be mildy surprised if Starwars even did it first. Past that, the powers and role of magical protector knights are a pretty common fantasy element.  

Plus, you know, the organisation, structure, mechanics and overall feel of the Radiants are less Jedi and more Knightly Orders (or maybe WoT Ajahs) to me. 

Jedi is very much a Knight's Templar type order. Yes I realize that the Radiant are not Jedi just Jedi like. It was really what I meant. As far as anyone doing it first, as the wheel continues to turn there is rarely a first, just different version of the same idea of G vs E. Shrug.

WoT 1990

SW a new Hope 1977

I'm sure there is something in Tolkien or Brooks maybe with the concept roughly in place. I mentioned the Knights Templar above. Real life. Patrolled roads to protect the innocent. in the 1200/1300's, Knights of the round table, though in earnest the true Arthurian legends were parodies making fun of the English lords. Still the idea was there before Jedi 100's and 100's of years before. 

I'm by no means a Jedi expert but the similarities seem tiny to me - too small to make for a useful comparison. Certainly in the movies the Jedi "magic system" feels soft (not precisely defined and detailed) while the Radiants are a hard magic system - much more well defined (and much more complex).

I think you would have more luck in comparing story structure (beginning with Episode IV) in that tWoK starts in a situation where the knights of old have vanished... but are starting to come back. But even then there's big differences - there's no Evil Empire already established in tWoK that needs to be overthrown.

there's no Evil Empire already established in tWoK that needs to be overthrown.

That we've seen anyway :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Also balanced out the downvote because while the theory is definitely weak, he/she is new, no need to be harsh. Now if someone like Moogle/Argent/Kurk posted 10 pages of stuff badly put together than I would totally agree.

• Chaos locked this topic