Kindle readers check this out - thefictionary.net

menacekop

Saw this thing on reddit and decided to try it out for my WoT read and holy hell is it nice, makes keeping track of who is who and what is what soooo much eaiser.

Naturally my next thought was how the Cosmere books would benefit from this, sadly there are no sanderson fictionaries available. 

Site says they are created from wikis and they take requests so i submitted one but im sure if more and more of us do they will be more likely to make them.

Anyway check them out and if you feel the same request some Cosmere love!

They used to have them - I remember seeing one for Mistborn and one for The Way of Kings. I don't know why they were taken down. 

Weren't they taken down because the creator was selling them and that gets into weird copyright issues? I may be insane.

Edited by Moogle

It was.  Most of the wikis the creator was using to create the Fictionaries are released under licenses where that is okay.  The Coppermind is not.

I see. Looks like they are free now, hopefully that can free him up to use copper mind, I would really love to have these available for my cosmere reading.

Yeah - thats me!  I thought I read the licensing on Coppermind.net as CC-BY-SA but I was wrong so they asked me to take them down and I did.  I am not selling them anymore anyway and have been talking with 17thShard's owners about putting them back up but haven't been able to get a regular dialogue going - not sure if he is super busy or what but response are spread out over weeks.  Hopefully we can resolve it soon. I get a lot of requests and the Coppermind Fictionaries are the BEST ones - mainly because this site is so good.

I don't know, I can usually keep track of things while I read books, so I don't find these very useful.

I remember that the first time i read The Way of Kings I was confused by many of the terms used, but they eventually got explained and looking them up on these fictionaries beforehand wouldn't have been very good I think.

I don't know, I can usually keep track of things while I read books, so I don't find these very useful.

I remember that the first time i read The Way of Kings I was confused by many of the terms used, but they eventually got explained and looking them up on these fictionaries beforehand wouldn't have been very good I think.

Im the complete opposite, I cant seem to keep track of anything especially with Robert Jordans WoT.  So many names and places, makes my head spin.