• Announcements

• Chaos

Oathbringer Spoiler Policy   11/13/2017

Oathbringer is out! Let's make our policy on spoilers clear! 1. You must preface topics with Oathbringer spoilers with the prefix [OB] in the front 2. You are only allowed to post spoilers and spoiler topics in the Oathbringer Spoiler Board, Cosmere Theories, and some select work-related forums. 3. For posts in the Oathbringer Spoiler Board you do not need to use spoiler tags inside a topic marked [OB]. For Cosmere Theories, you also do not need to put spoiler tags inside your topic if the topic has [OB] in the title. However, for Cosmere Theories, if you are adding Oathbringer stuff to an old theory without the [OB] tag, those must go in spoiler tags and you must make it obvious outside the spoiler tag that the spoiler is regarding Oathbringer content. 4. For select things that do require talking about OB spoilers, in Events, Coppermind, and Arcanum forums, those are allowed but keep OB spoilers in spoiler tags 5. Avoid and minimize spoilers in topic titles--even though those two boards will not appear in the Recent Topics ticker, topic titles still appear in Recent Activity and the forum home.  6. You aren't allowed to post Oathbringer spoilers in places other than listed, even with spoiler tags.  It will be nine months and then the Oathbringer board will be re-merged with the Stormlight board and you will not need to tag these spoilers. If you'd like to move something in the Stormlight Archive board to the Oathbringer board, to update it with new Oathbringer information, Report the post and we will happily move it to the Oathbringer spoiler board. Part-by-part Reactions Though the Oathbringer Spoiler Board will be very spoilery, very fast (maybe don't come there until you've read the book, as people do have copies that bookstores sold early), you'll have these five topics for reactions if you want to nerd out: Part 1 Reactions
      Part 2 Reactions
      Part 3 Reactions
      Part 4 Reactions
      Full Book Reactions For parts 1-4, they will not include the interludes immediately following it. On Discord All Oathbringer spoilers on Discord will be exclusively in the #oathbringer_spoilers channel for the nine month spoiler period and nowhere else.
Voidus

People you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley

1,164 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Hunt2man said:

What if they don't like cookies? What if they prefer lobster? Would you then spike the lobster?

This is a most unusual situation for a hemalurgist baker to be in. That said, if the lobster is already dead, it should be safe to put spikes in it.

Has anyone here conducted experiments on how live lobsters respond to various types of hemalurgic spike?

I haven't conducted experiments on lobster, due to the excessive waste in test subjects needed in order to map out the bind points. Also it appears that we have been rafo'd about whether or not Hemalurgy can bring something back from the dead. Additionally we are bakers, and I'm not sure if our facilities are equipped to produce other types of spiked food besides baked goods.

However, for those who don't like cookies, we also have brownies, cake, scones, donuts, bread (jam anyone?), bagels and baguettes.

I'm glad to see that the fires of the Dark Alley ovens have been rekindled. I want to welcome all the newly recruited Dark Alley agents. Happy spiking! 

4 hours ago, Brightlord Maelstrom said:

However, for those who don't like cookies, we also have brownies, cake, scones, donuts, bread (jam anyone?), bagels and baguettes.

And hemalurgic eclairs. Those are definitely my favorite.

19 minutes ago, Hunt2man said:

So,  how do I join?

It's easy. Do you want a cookie or an eclair? Same hemalurgic nutritional value, different tastes.

Now, eat it, and if you feel something prick you, ignore it.

There you go! You've just been spiked recruited!

59 minutes ago, MacThorsten said:

Is there still any of the leadership active, or are we all freelance hemalurgists bakers?

I'm always around but the alleys have always been a free place, we don't really have leadership. 

On 11/15/2017 at 0:42 PM, Drake Marshall said:

Our leader is Ruin :ph34r:

Correction: Our founder is Ruin. [Mistborn Era 1 SPOILERS:]

Spoiler

Alas, his former Vessel is currently in the Beyond, and his power is currently enslaved by Sazed, aka Harmony. This is the core reason for our lack of official leadership.

Edit: Realised this is in one of the Community Forums, so I added a spoiler warning and hid the spoiler.

Edited by Brightlord Maelstrom
Hid the spoilers.

13 minutes ago, Brightlord Maelstrom said:

Correction: Our founder is Ruin. Alas, his former Vessel is currently in the Beyond, and his power is currently enslaved by Sazed, aka Harmony. This is the core reason for our lack of official leadership.

Does that make us the sworn enemies of Harmony?

Just now, Drake Marshall said:

Does that make us the sworn enemies of Harmony?

SPOILERS: Mistborn Eras 1 and 2.

Spoiler

I'm not sure. So far he hasn't stopped us from using Hemalurgy. In fact, he uses it himself. So, in some ways, you could say he is also a member.

Also, just because Ruin is our founder, and the Lord Ruler is one of our primary historical figures doesn't mean that Sazed (who opposed them both) can't be on our side. After all, anyone who promotes the use of Hemalurgy is helping us. So if someone person backstabs (or backspikes :ph34r:) another user of Hemalurgy, it doesn't immediately make him our enemy.

So, for now, I'd say that Harmony is on probation until we can figure out if he is promoting the use of Hemalurgy in the Cosmere. I mean, he did get Marsh to give Marasi and Wax the book on Hemalurgy.

So, yea, unsure of that one. Maybe we should make a Poll?

Spoiler

Well, on one hand, he does give information about hemalurgy to people.

On the other hand, he was content to allow hemalurgy to be a forgotten art for all the years prior to that.

He may not want hemalurgy to disappear, but he does certainly seek to limit its use.

Thus, I think we are not sworn enemies of Harmony, but we aren’t really on very good terms with Sazed either.