People you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley

Voidus

On 9/18/2016 at 11:30 AM, Lord_of_Awesome said:

Uh.... what?

Was that the cookie I ate?

Yeah...
 Your soul belongs to us now, and a couple of Shards will probably start speaking to you in the near future. If you are unlucky, they can also start controlling you.

1 minute ago, bleeder said:

It helps when you're a Willshaper

*poofs into Shadesmar*

Shadesmar seems different as soon as you enter it, the number of painspren is simply staggering, and other strange spren lurk at the corners of your vision. Within moments the alleyspren are at your back, distorting the realm itself they force you back through a nearby junction into the Alleys.

Unfortunately spikes operate on all realms, the bars of a DA prison are not limited to the physical. :ph34r:

That being said, thanks for the endorsement! You're free to leave now, we throw mixers every now and then if you ever want to drop by.

The gates to Shadesmar open once more, the alleyspren herd the painspren away and allow you to proceed on your way.

2 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Shadesmar seems different as soon as you enter it, the number of painspren is simply staggering, and other strange spren lurk at the corners of your vision. Within moments the alleyspren are at your back, distorting the realm itself they force you back through a nearby junction into the Alleys.

Unfortunately spikes operate on all realms, the bars of a DA prison are not limited to the physical. :ph34r:

That being said, thanks for the endorsement! You're free to leave now, we throw mixers every now and then if you ever want to drop by.

The gates to Shadesmar open once more, the alleyspren herd the painspren away and allow you to proceed on your way.

Thank you, O great Voidus, bringer of... Slowbro. 

*flourish and bow*

*take bite of le croissant*

*exit before anyone can think too hard about what just happened*

Just now, bleeder said:

Thank you, O great Voidus, bringer of... Slowbro. 

*flourish and bow*

*take bite of le croissant*

*exit before anyone can think too hard about what just happened*

It's a pokemon that gets stronger by having its skin pierced and joining with another living being, Slowbros are the Hemalurgists of the pokeverse. :P

On 9/20/2016 at 3:53 AM, Voidus said:

It's a pokemon that gets stronger by having its skin pierced and joining with another living being, Slowbros are the Hemalurgists of the pokeverse. :P

As are Banettes, which build power by sticking pins in their bodies.

Also, the Dark Alley would like to officially announce a new contest in which all applicants try to adequately define Time. What even is it anyways? The reply that best defines Time, thus allowing us to capture and experiment on it in our dark and mysterious laboratories will be awarded with the tears of a red dwarf star and a batch of our classic Soul-Enriching Not-really-Nilla Wafers!

For questions, comments, or rants about the impossibility of pseudo-cognitive implementation in SoulGolems, just ask me or any of the menacing gargoyles lurking in the Alley.

• 2 weeks later...

Time is darkness. Time is blood. Time is a thing to be sucked from the veins of the universe. Time is the eternal blood of all that is and will be. Time is an everlasting spike, doomed to always pierce the dark veil of dimensions. Time is the unmeasurable void that holds no light.

TIME IS THE ETERNAL DEVOURER

TIME IS THE DOOM OF LIGHT

TIME IS DOOM

TIME IS THE VOID

Edited by Straw

10 hours ago, Straw said:

Time is darkness. Time is blood. Time is a thing to be sucked from the veins of the universe. Time is the eternal blood of all that is and will be. Time is an everlasting spike, doomed to always pierce the dark veil of dimensions. Time is the unmeasurable void that holds no light.

Welcome...

To Night Vale.

Edited by bleeder

On 07/10/2016 at 7:56 AM, The True Survivor said:

@Fatebreaker I think I'll have to cheat, and use the Ultimate Answer. Time is 42.

Haha HGTTG FTW.

----------------------------------------------

Darkness descended into the Dark Alley, a long winding alley that would put Knockturn alley to shame, if it existed. As he descended, he illuminated the alley, leaving bare all the deformed, twisted beings that resided there. They withered in the radiance and cowered, bowing before the Darkness. Darkness grinned, it never got old.

Slowly he strode down the alley, windows on the sides of the alley opened, letting the light shine in. A cleansing was always welcome. As he strolled he saw his colleague Fatebreaker lecturing people on the Impossibility of pseudo-cognitive implementation in SoulGolems, his audience looking bored. A few gargoyles stood guard over the Alley, glaring at Darkness, they always hated his Dark Light.

He saw his friend Straw interrupting Fatebreaker's lecture to hand in his thesis on time. Darkness walked over to check it out.

On 06/10/2016 at 11:03 AM, Straw said:

TIME IS THE ETERNAL DEVOURER

TIME IS THE DOOM OF LIGHT

TIME IS DOOM

TIME IS THE VOID

"Interesting" Darkness said, looking over Fatebreaker's shoulder,"You have appeared to have mistaken Time with me. I assure you ol' Father Time is nothing like me. For one thing he's not quite as devilishly handsome as yours truly"

Straw rolled his eyes,"Shut up Darkness, noone asked you". Darkness chuckled, "Your right, noone asked me to suck their souls out and Ruin their lives. I for one, have been upholding Dark Alley's tradition, and continuing what we came together to do"

Fatebreaker looked up, having read Straw's thesis. "I'm afraid your wrong on multiple accounts here. Darkness is right, you have appeared to have mistaken Time with multiple other things. Time isn't darkness, nor is it the blood of the universe. Time is definitely not eternal, for it doesn't exist. I'm afraid time cannot pierce the fabric of reality, if that is what you mean by the dark veil of dimensions. Indeed it is unmeasurable, relatively, besides, how can time hold light??" he appeared to be thinking,"It can be considered the devourer seeing as many have falled prey to it. How exactly is it the doom of light?? If anything is eternal it is Darkness and Light ("Thanks" said Darkness). Interlocked and Interweaving in the Ying and Yang of the universe. Time can herald doom, it can occasionally be the doom, but I am afraid that is again relative. Sorry, Time isn't a void either. Sorry Straw, I'm afraid I cannot accept this. There are too many holes, and I think you need to learn a thing or two about time. Here's something for your troubles. Straw, Time is relative, it is a concept borne in the minds of men to bring some order to their chaotic lives, to be able to chronicle, mark, and record what we call "history". Time is a subjective reality. Nice try Straw, but I'm sorry, go have another try"

Straw looked a bit peeved, and walked away, grumbling something about how noone knows what time is.

"Aaaanyway, have you seen Voidus? Fatebreaker?" Darkness asked.

"'Fraid not Darkness, maybe Gary knows, oi Gary get down here!" Fatebreaker answered, yelling out to Gary the Gargoyle.

"What is it Fate? I was having a good time contemplating life up there" Gary grumbled. 

"Y'know were Voidus is?"

"Yea, actually, he's brooding at his mansion at the end of the alley again, something about that game he created"

"Thank you," Darkness said, striding away, "See you all"

"See you Darkness," Fatebreaker called after. 

It took a few minutes to make his way to the other side, nodding to who he knew on his way. Finally he reached the mansion and knocked with the brass Slowpoke head shaped doorknocker. Voidus' servant Alvrid answered the door.

"Ah, Master Ascendant, have you come to see Master Voidus?"

"It's just Darkness scoot, how many times have I told you? And yes, I am would be much obliged if you did indeed got Voidus for me"

Alfrid smiled and beckoned Darkness in, "come in, have a seat, I'll get Voidus in a minute" Darkness obliged and sat down on a dusty old sofa in Voidus' scarcely used living room. A minute later Alfrid returned, a Slowbro trailing down the stairs behind him. "Aye, Darkness, good to see you mate, what brings you here?" 

"Darkness stood and embraced his friend" said the narrator. Oops wasn't supposed to say that out loud. Darkness and Voidus separated. "'oo said that?" Voidus wondered, Darkness merely shrugged. "Eh my old da Slowking must still be haunting this mansion, eh, hadn't noticed, little fag". Darkness merely looked confused,

"Eh, don't worry pal, sit down and tell me, why are you here?"

"Oh, I just came to report that I've spiked another one, one of the newcomers, @lastofus is his name I think" 

"Niice, it's been a while since anyone's been spiked aye?"

"Indeed it has, last one I spiked was around the middle of last month!" Darkness chuckled, "The other DA members should pick up their slack aye, those pesky Assassins in Technicolour have made things helluva hard around here. Stupid Bleeder, messing things up in our scientific endevours" 

"Yer right, maybe we should get everyone to work harder. I GOT IT. Whenever one of our member spikes somone, they get a cookie!"

"Err, I don't think that will work Void, maybe an upvote? People are dying for those nowadays"

"Perfect!"

"Great, I'll make an announcement, see ya Void" With that, Darkness got up, high fived his friend and left the mansion darker than when he entered it. Voidus  shuddered.

Darkness moved to the announcement board where Fatebreaker's competition took up most of the space.

"Greedy bastard," Darkness said, ripping it off, and putting his own announcement on the board.

From here on forward

Those who spike

Will get an upvote!

Cookies are optional!

Smiling, Darkness left the alley, feeling a sense of accomplishment.

Edited by Darkness Ascendant

"A mysterious figure enters into the dark alley. This stranger smiles and greets those he passes while refusing any and all baked goods and kneels before the void and asks,"

"I seek to become a member of the dark alley; I have been studying *ahem* culinary arts for a lifetime. I go now to *ahem* make a sale and practice my culinary skills. Is my request accepted?"

Kenod sees a mysterious figure inside one of the Alleys asking around for Voidus. He says: "Sorry, Voidus hasn't been around for some time, but we generally don't have a problem with new members, especially those who actively try to make sales."

*P.S
Instead of double posting you can just edit the post.*

13 hours ago, Secrets said:

"A mysterious figure enters into the dark alley. This stranger smiles and greets those he passes while refusing any and all baked goods and kneels before the void and asks,"

"I seek to become a member of the dark alley; I have been studying *ahem* culinary arts for a lifetime. I go now to *ahem* make a sale and practice my culinary skills. Is my request accepted?"

The Void seems to whisper back...
"Accepted"

A small silver spike gently rolls out of the darkness, resting at the strangers feet.

At the other end of the Alley, Voidus continues to grope around in the darkness.
"Accepted." He whispers again. "Accepted, accepted. Why do we have so many spikes from Accepted? I was sure there was one from a full Aes Sedai somewhere."