People you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley

Voidus

On 3-8-2016 at 6:16 AM, Voidus said:

That's mostly due to a dispute with my ISP over whether or not I should be allowed to have internet. -.-

I'm kind of wondering how that happened, but I think it is better to just ignore it. I'm just hoping that the Dark Alley will become a bit more active now.

15 hours ago, kenod said:

I'm kind of wondering how that happened, but I think it is better to just ignore it. I'm just hoping that the Dark Alley will become a bit more active now.

Our activity is dependant on members who are willing to further the cause of Science and spread the baked goods we produce far and wide. So please, make the Alley as active as you wish! Sell cookies, theorize about Hemalurgy, and lurk near and far on the Shard. 

Us old timers will do our best, but the incarnational element of the Alley is what will allow it to survive if we're ever consumed by nameless voids.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/21/2016 at 2:44 AM, Darkness Ascendant said:

Hi, can I join? 

Appear like the rose, yet be the thorns underneath it.

That basically sums up some of my darker personas 

All who seek the enlightenment of the Dark Alley may join.

Welcome to the Alley, mind the Cursed Creeping Cranivorians, they'll slurp up your cognition in a heartbeat.

Any specialization?

2 hours ago, Magestar said:

Yeah... That's it.

-sigh-  Why do I even know these things?  My mind has been twisted.

Guys, can someone spike these jokes out of me?  You can give them to Darkness.

I can also just replace it with a different kind of humor, how about I use the Mistborn Jokes Thread?

On 8/23/2016 at 0:17 AM, Darkness Ascendant said:

I like dark humour and anti-jokes. I can also make people feel uncomfortable and I sometimes say random things that make people think, w t f........

Whats worse, ten babies in one trash can, or one baby in ten trash cans?

Welcome to the dark alley.

As for your anti-jokes...

Ten trash cans in one baby is worse than either of your options. Just saying.

And ten hemalurgic spikes in one baby is maybe worse than that. Can you imagine a baby koloss? Or a baby steel inquisitor? Storms that sounds so profoundly screwed up.

I love it.  Imagine raising a baby from birth to be the perfect Inquisitor.  It would end up like Inquisi-Bourne. Sounds awesome.  

Say, I don't suppose you have a spare baby?  And some Lerasium?

And does anyone know what a Lerasium spike does?

Edited by Magestar

Hm... Here's another question. If atium can act like a wildcard as a spiking material, could you copy the effects of lerasium hemalurgy with an atium spike? I think you could, because on the flip side, burning lerasium will grant you atium allomancy.

Although, getting the baby to burn lerasium and then giving it hemalurgic spikes would make it into a super-inquisitor. If the spikes granted feruchemy, then you would have a baby who was more powerful than the Lord Ruler.

So... Don't bring small children into the dark alley unless you want them to be fed spiked cookies.

On 8/23/2016 at 0:17 AM, Darkness Ascendant said:

I like dark humour and anti-jokes. I can also make people feel uncomfortable and I sometimes say random things that make people think, w t f........

Whats worse, ten babies in one trash can, or one baby in ten trash cans?

Quite humerous, but I was referring to hemalurgic specialties. For example zoohemalurgy, cognitive hemalurgic, temporal hemalurgic, etc.

And the correct answer is one baby and one trashcan spread across the quasiverses.

16 hours ago, Magestar said:

Yeah... That's it.

-sigh-  Why do I even know these things?  My mind has been twisted.

Guys, can someone spike these jokes out of me?  You can give them to Darkness.

We can Spike anything. ANYTHING. However, it's much more practical to simply spike you with Feruchemical copper and have you store the cognitive information in a coppermind. Then it can be burned or accessed at a later date. Or we could just spoke out your sense of humor, whichever you prefer.

12 hours ago, Magestar said:

I love it.  Imagine raising a baby from birth to be the perfect Inquisitor.  It would end up like Inquisi-Bourne. Sounds awesome.  

Say, I don't suppose you have a spare baby?  And some Lerasium?

And does anyone know what a Lerasium spike does?

remember those babies in my garage.....I think I can spare one

• 2 weeks later...

Hm... I would predict that specific memories are actually tied to the cognitive realm. But that the effect of those memories on an individual's personality and capacities is tied to the spiritual realm. So... Unless you can use spikes to steal cognitive things as well as spiritual, a memory spike would be difficult. And if you can steal cognitive things via their loose ties to the spiritual, that would open up a whole new field of study. This definitely could use some experimentation with those copper spikes, yes...

• 2 weeks later...