People you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley

Voidus

"Favorite," muttered Winter. She let out a string of curses that would make a sailor blush. She flared pewter and her body strengthened. She filled iron and tapped steel. Her limber body moved quickly and swiftly. She burned duraluminum and zinc and they gave him what she felt. Pain. Betrayal. Revulsion. Self hatred.

"I wouldn't go into that it I were you," she said, moving into the labs.

(Ah yes, I guess the return of Winter means the return of to. Well, here we go again)

The Stranger smiled as his favorite rebellious child tried to bully the new member. She sure had a strange sense of community, but instability was a common side effect of the procedure she'd gone through.

"Now now, aggressive allomancy on guests is frowned upon Winter. Please use some manners or we'll have to reprimand you and you've never enjoyed that process."

He turned towards the new member

"Winter here was a member a while back who wanted to test out a new theory the Alleys had developed using Zoohemalurgy. The experiment was successful, but the side effects were unexpected. The girl became bitter and resentful and since then has acted in an antagonist manner towards our benevolent Society, despite continuing to use and benefit from the gifts we gave her."

He grinned at both of them

"But there's no reason we can't all be friends."

Winter stood, morphing into her human form. She glared at the Stranger. 

"Now now, aggressive allomancy on guests is frowned upon Winter. Please use some manners or we'll have to reprimand you and you've never enjoyed that process."

Winter growled, but listened. "yet it's okay to use aggressive hemulargy on innocents," she muttered. 

"Winter here was a member a while back who wanted to test out a new theory the Alleys had developed using Zoohemalurgy. The experiment was successful, but the side effects were unexpected. The girl became bitter and resentful and since then has acted in an antagonist manner towards our benevolent Society, despite continuing to use and benefit from the gifts we gave her."

"Wanted to test out a new theory. That's a nice word for drugging and kidnapping. And I'm not a girl. I'm a she-wolf." Winter glared at the Stranger and gritted her teeth. She Compounded pewter and her muscles swelled. "I'm more than this. I'm more than a killer. I'm not yours to control." 

• 3 weeks later...
On 15-6-2016 at 10:49 PM, Ecthelion III said:

Oh yeah, I ate the Hemalurgic cookies, so does that make me part of this group or something?

Not sure about it, seeing the amount of people that accept the cookies in the introductions thread and the amount of people warning them I think it is more that we get to control your soul, or just steal it.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, cloudjumper said:

Hello! A question popped up from Elenion in an introduction thread, so I was wondering if any of you knew the answer.

Do we have a permit for cookie-making?

I have the feeling that the original members aren't really watching this thread anymore.

Fear not Denizens! The Alley may slumber from time to time, or even take a power nap, but it shall never truly die.

Unless it dies, which would be unfortunate.

I cannot speak for the others, but I haven't been very present recently as I was in Thailand on an adventure.

On 7/13/2016 at 6:30 PM, cloudjumper said:

Hello! A question popped up from Elenion in an introduction thread, so I was wondering if any of you knew the answer.

Do we have a permit for cookie-making?

Yes, but it's buried in the arch-files and no one ever comes back from there, so it makes it difficult to keep track of. But we recently sent an acolyte to check and his disembodied spirit returned to tell us everything was in order, at least related to the permit that is.

As for the rest of you, please continue to make, "sales". Every contribution helps, no matter how boring of a soul the customer has. Remember, this is not just for us...

It's for Science.

Technically, nothing has to happen. Often we just let them go about their daily business. But sometimes we extract certain aspects of their, "accounts", for use in research and experiments. Most of the time they are completely unaware, but we know. And we wait.

15 hours ago, Assassin in Burgundy said:

I've already accepted the Theoryweaver. Is that bad?

It would be best to ask @Mistrunner, as she is the guild leader of The Knights Awkward. You could ask @Voidus, as he's the leader of The Dark Alley, but he hasn't been in this thread for quite some time.

On 7/15/2016 at 2:18 PM, kenod said:

Alright, thanks, Science is always great. But can you tell me what happens to the "customers"? I'm quite interested.

Well... You see that Koloss crouching in the corner over there? He was a regular customer. Don't worry though, he's mostly harmless. Just don't eat his horse.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2016 at 4:22 PM, kenod said:

It would be best to ask @Mistrunner, as she is the guild leader of The Knights Awkward. You could ask @Voidus, as he's the leader of The Dark Alley, but he hasn't been in this thread for quite some time.

That's mostly due to a dispute with my ISP over whether or not I should be allowed to have internet. -.-
I have more regular access again now so I should be popping in from time to time.

But regardless the Dark Alley is more of a Spikocracy than a Spiktatorship so as long as you hold to the general tenants of the DA, all are accepted.