Kaladin Stormblessed (Animated Comic) by /u/Gameboybob

Argent

Reddit treasure hunting strikes once again, this time with a short animated scene from The Way of Kings. /u/Gamerboybob and (according to the Reddit thread) his brother-in-law drew and animated the scene where Kaladin gets strung up to wait for the Stormfather's judgement. 

There is also some other (non-Brandon) neat stuff on his YouTube channel, if you want to check it out.

That was pretty cool!

I'm not the only one who thinks that the Stormlight Archive would be best served by cartoons, a la "The Clone Wars" series, rather than by a live action anything right? 

I imagine it being easier to show the whole story in smaller cartoon snippets than trying to do a miniseries (SOIAF) or movie trilogy or something, and I would hate to see plotlines cut to get it live action. 

• 2 weeks later...

That was pretty cool!

I'm not the only one who thinks that the Stormlight Archive would be best served by cartoons, a la "The Clone Wars" series, rather than by a live action anything right? 

I imagine it being easier to show the whole story in smaller cartoon snippets than trying to do a miniseries (SOIAF) or movie trilogy or something, and I would hate to see plotlines cut to get it live action. 

Maybe more like ATLA?  I love that show to bits, and the format (the animation style, in particular) is really kind of perfect for the Stormlight Archive.  

Maybe more like ATLA?  I love that show to bits, and the format (the animation style, in particular) is really kind of perfect for the Stormlight Archive.  

I love that show too, but I think the animation style is a bit "light" for the serious nature of the Stormlight Archive story. I know there are some darker parts to ATLA, but the overall anime style seems like it would be difficult to convey the grittier nature of Roshar, to me at least. 

• Chaos locked this topic