• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, MightCosmere said:

Wow! I didn't know this forum has a pet section. I'm wondering if I may share about mine since the last post was from years ago? ^_^

Sure! Thread Necromancy is a widely accepted ritual which we all widely accept.

I've always wanted a pet, allow me to sit in jealousy while you tell us all about yours!

Thank you very much, guys! :D My wife and I own a Pomeranian named Libby. She’s been with us for eight years and has been a cuddly companion ever since. She loves to play catch in our front yard, get a load of the afternoon breeze while she runs to catch the ball (though we had to set up a wireless dog fence, so she wouldn’t stray far from us). She also enjoys howling along to 90’s music, a certain favorite of ours, and even barks at those hard-hitting lyrics from Eminem. She will always be a loyal companion to me and my wife, a very adorable one.

2.jpg

Edited by MightCosmere

45 minutes ago, MightCosmere said:

Thank you very much, guys! :D My wife and I own a Pomeranian named Libby. She’s been with us for eight years and has been a cuddly companion ever since. She loves to play catch in our front yard, get a load of the afternoon breeze while she runs to catch the ball (though we had to set up a wireless dog fence, so she wouldn’t stray far from us). She also enjoys howling along to 90’s music, a certain favorite of ours, and even barks at those hard-hitting lyrics from Eminem. She will always be a loyal companion to me and my wife, a very adorable one.

2.jpg

*squees

SHE'S SO CUUUTTTEEE!!!!

Ooooh pets. Than I must share Kitty! (Official name Toast, spirit name Midnight Essence). Definitely not as cute as that Pomeranian. But, well, the essence of a cat. What you'd get if an alchemist distilled a dozen cats, and when the crucible had cooled this was lying in the bottom: a cat in its pure form

1502717695212.thumb.jpg.776b8d1574233dc1573896f1bc969020.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Shamelesly necroing to show you this photos ^^ Usually it's hard to do a good photo of Henio in bright daylight, because of too much contrast between him and any background. Most of the time either he's a black cat-shaped-blob on the photo or it's him with extra-bright background. That's why I'm super proud of this photo ^^

henio.JPG

14 hours ago, Mestiv said:

^^ Usually it's hard to do a good photo of Henio in bright daylight, because of too much contrast between him and any background. Most of the time either he's a black cat-shaped-blob on the photo or it's him with extra-bright background. That's why I'm super proud of this photo ^^

That's a great photo--essence of cat--proud, aloof, distant, imperious; ignoring the camera and yet absolutely aware of how good he looks. Poser! :lol: 

This is Moose Wazowski when he was a little kitten. He's a big, fluffy Birman now and will be 2 on St. Patrick's day! (He's also my profile picture). As a kid, I was very, very obsessed with cats and my life's goal was to have my own. Until two years ago this wasn't possible because the dog we currently had absolutely hated anything that moved on four legs. Now we have a new dog, a four-year-old cockapoo named Ruby who's pretty much my mom's dog. My dad also recently got a turtle named Jules and plans to get a second one and name it Verne.

DSC_0002.thumb.JPG.8064cd8af16e99d4956ce08f52914211.JPG

I have two cats-- check that, I have a cat and my sister has a cat. My cat is named Midnight Star, Star for short; she's a black kitty with a white spot on her chest. Star is a one-person cat, does not like strangers, and likes to climb onto me and hold on tight. She also cries whenever I go outside, and burrows under whatever blanket I happen to be under when I sit/lay down. I absolutely love her.

My sister's cat is Star's complete opposite: a big, fluffy, white male cat who sheds fur everywhere. And I mean everywhere... He's also so lazy, I once vacuumed him. He also likes to race around the house at night, making a racket as he sprints up and down the stairs. When I'm trying to sleep. Sometimes he attacks Star (for playfights, not real ones) at night. His name is either Sunspot, Sunny, or Captain Fuzzybutt, depending on who you ask.

My mom also has a dog, Jazz, which is a little dog that follows her around.

Oh, funny thing-- Star has recently discovered what the inside of my sock drawer is like when I leave it open at night. She curled up in it. On my white socks. Silly kitty :)

My ridiculous dog, let me tell you of her.

So, I have a 16-year-old long-haired dachshund named Leia. She's always been kind of a neurotic little thing, and it's just gotten odder as she's grown older. She's never been terribly food-motivated, sometimes known to not eat all of her dinner or skip it entirely. The vet has said not to worry about it, that it's okay for a dachshund to be a little lean because it's easier on them than being overweight.

But y'know, sometimes, when your fuzzy baby is on her fifth night of refusing to eat her proper food (she gets medication in braunschweiger and some other regular treats, so she wasn't starving, but she definitely wasn't eating enough), you go to extremes to make sure she gets some proper nutrients.

So the other night, I tried hand-feeding her. She gobbled it out of my hands like she was really hungry, yet when I offered her the bowl she turned her head away. She continued to eat out of my hand, though, until her dinner was gone. I looked at the husband and said, "What if she hates her food bowl?"

Two nights in a row now, we've fed her from a plate.

Two nights in a row and she's scarfed down her food enthusiastically.

My silly dachshund hates eating her food out of a bowl.

2 hours ago, Kaymyth said:

My ridiculous dog, let me tell you of her.

So, I have a 16-year-old long-haired dachshund named Leia. She's always been kind of a neurotic little thing, and it's just gotten odder as she's grown older. She's never been terribly food-motivated, sometimes known to not eat all of her dinner or skip it entirely. The vet has said not to worry about it, that it's okay for a dachshund to be a little lean because it's easier on them than being overweight.

But y'know, sometimes, when your fuzzy baby is on her fifth night of refusing to eat her proper food (she gets medication in braunschweiger and some other regular treats, so she wasn't starving, but she definitely wasn't eating enough), you go to extremes to make sure she gets some proper nutrients.

So the other night, I tried hand-feeding her. She gobbled it out of my hands like she was really hungry, yet when I offered her the bowl she turned her head away. She continued to eat out of my hand, though, until her dinner was gone. I looked at the husband and said, "What if she hates her food bowl?"

Two nights in a row now, we've fed her from a plate.

Two nights in a row and she's scarfed down her food enthusiastically.

My silly dachshund hates eating her food out of a bowl.

I know how you feel... My cat Star doesn't always eat her food, and then either my sister's cat (who is always ravenous) or the dog eats it instead. I get worried about both kitties 'cause of it.

About the bowl, some cats (goes for dogs, too) don't like food bowls because they can't see out while eating. Which is something I found out, thanks to Star, a few years ago.

2 hours ago, SilverTiger said:

I know how you feel... My cat Star doesn't always eat her food, and then either my sister's cat (who is always ravenous) or the dog eats it instead. I get worried about both kitties 'cause of it.

About the bowl, some cats (goes for dogs, too) don't like food bowls because they can't see out while eating. Which is something I found out, thanks to Star, a few years ago.

For cats, at least, there's something called "whisker fatigue" that might affect some of them - their whiskers are so sensitive they get sore from getting dipped into a bowl all the time.

It's not a thing with dogs, though, so clearly Leia just has a complex.

• 3 months later...
  • Chaos locked this topic