Show n Tell

Tien'sPetLurg

I travel as much as I can. Sometimes I see good stuff. Maybe it's art or an awesome sky or something bizarre.
I'll never be able to go everywhere, but this group covers a pretty big area on the globe. I bet there's something out there that's kind of amazing that you see too. Care to share? Maybe you stumbled on something that just "wins the Internet" for that day. I'm always looking for inspiration so.... please contribute if you feel inclined.

As far as I'm concerned, you can't get this wrong. Not everyone likes all the same things but I really like seeing NEW things. 

I'll kick it off with this:
I saw an exhibit by this artist named Nathan Sawaya. All of his artwork (sculptures, wall pieces, etc) is made entirely out of Legos.  I loved it. I hope this post adds a little value to your day.

yellowman.png

puddle-1.png

legowallman.jpg

I see that some are looking and liking, but you're quiet. Here's one that could be Stormfather related.

I snapped this with my phone through the windshield when we were on our way toward the Florida Keys. Note the "pocket of clarity" just around the road ahead of us. It was like the veil of storminess was lifted just enough to let us pass or was it looming above tempting us forward only to rush downward and crush us? The interpretation is similar to your perspective of a cup being half empty or half full.
ScreenShot2014-07-21at90758PM.png

Edited by Tien'sPetLurg

At the far end of the photo, there's a gap in those ominous clouds. Between the road and the top of that gap, is a bridge going across the road we're on. It's just a bright sky in there... The sign of better weather just on the other side.... if you can just slide through that gap...quickly.....
But the general shape of that area *does* remind me of a train engine. 

I always see faces in clouds. I see a nose-less one in this picture. 

I like to imagine many wind spren up there in that storm system. Imagine. I don't actually see those. Not that crazy----yet. (moment of relating to Legion)

EDIT: Here. I made you a special version so you can see it the way I do... kind of.... like a special lens in the Alcatraz series.  
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n170/neurobucket/skyedit.png

Edited by Tien'sPetLurg

well its a lot more regal and stormfather-y in my head but... yeah, something along these lines

http://sta.sh/0ics63ve1is

No that's perfect! It gives me an idea of where to look on the original, then I totally See it! I wonder what he's reaching for? Ha!

I was seeing a hand a whole different way---but now I can only see your version. 

Alright---this one isn't a pretty photo. The reality of what it represents is great. We went to look into 3D printing. If you haven't heard of it, it's worth a Google. If you can draw it or photograph it, you can have a solid, 3D version of it printed. People are using it to make figurines, re-create historical etchings, jewelry, shoes, models, inventions, etc. In my opinion, the most excellent use that I saw, was a father engineering the bits to make an artificial hand for his disabled child to use. Going a step further, he released his data to others online for $5 US so that they could also "print" custom prosthetics, or physical adaptations, at a fraction of the cost as previous methods. It's just another example of how far a parent will go to help their child live as full of a life as possible.  :wub: 

I know you cosplayers are having lots of ideas now. :-) Suddenly all of those bits of specialized imaginary visual aspects might not be so hard to get just right. 
3d.jpg

We went to this small beach town and stopped by a sandwich shop. This was on their bookshelf. I almost took it as a sign I should move there. See top left shelf? (I made the photo small so you may not be able to see. The shelf is labeled Odysseys of Space and Mind. WoT!) This town needs more Sanderson! 0658ef44-76b8-41a2-bdff-7a6b76bdff39.png

Just a link for today. Seeing things in your Cheetos (or puffed cheese curl products).  I see a lot of the descriptions but he loses me on (at least) 4 or them. I do not see Elvis. However, I will not ever take my Cheetos time for granted again. They are clearly rich with creative opportunity. <- Perhaps they could market them that way?!
http://news.distractify.com/culture/arts/andy-huot-cheese-curl-art/

• Chaos locked this topic