Hemalurgy and you (and your twenty trillion clones)

Ashiok

So this depends on two things.

1. Do genitic clones have the same or similar sDNA?

2. If you clone yourself, and implant that clone with your memories, will it's mind be the same as yours?

If so, it would be possible to spike oneself without creating a personality disorder in a semi moral way, AKA morally right infinite power (assuming feruchemy and Mistborn in background)

Thoughts? Practical suggestions? Impractical suggestions?

Edited by Ashiok

If so, it would be possible to spike oneself without creating a personality disorder in a semi moral way,

Without creating a Personality Disorder? You already have one if you're willing to kill yourself multiple times, then implant your sDNA inside yourself. And in what way is this Moral?

Also, Your sDNA is affected by how you live your life. Identical Twins have different sDNA. And I think Clones do as well. Though I'm getting that from the only non-cosmere story to include a clone. Firstborn

also, i don't understand where the gain would be. oh, you could make an army of clones to use for spikes, but that's nowhere near moral, so i assume you had some other kind of idea. but what? ah, maybe you want to spike yourself for your personality, the implant that personality on a younger clone as a way to achieve sort-of immortality? i'm sure it was discussed before, but ddon't remember what the conclusion was. pretty sure something would go wrong, anyway. and it certainly has nothing to do with morality. in any case, you can't make copies of yourself: there's only one spike with your personality going around.

Edited by king of nowhere

Could work with the metallic arts, they're more genetic than anything else, and if nothing else the clones would still have a chance of getting some abilities, actually better since they could be different mistings or ferrings and the you you get Mistborns again without killing anyone other than yourself.

If you're interested in hemalurgy but concerned about morality, you're not doing it right.

If spiking clones of yourself  did work, you could have a clone spike another clone(or however many you want) and then spike him, possibly amplifying the power even more.

Another thing, if I have 20 MILLION clones and even 5% of them are mistings or ferrings, why bother spiking? You have a nigh unstoppable army and, with the looks I've got, could easily reintroduce allomancy and feruchemy into the gene pool. 

Another thing, if I have 20 MILLION clones and even 5% of them are mistings or ferrings, why bother spiking? You have a nigh unstoppable army and, with the looks I've got, could easily reintroduce allomancy and feruchemy into the gene pool. 

Yeah but then you'd never get anything done, you'd all just sit around telling eachother how good you look :P

But that's boring! At least double spike yourself with all of the allomatic and feruchemial powers...

That's what I was saying. You could double spike a quintuple spiked clone for each ability. And hemalurgy is never boring if you do it correctly

Well that's no fun...

Maybe I just need a bigger spike... hmm...

(Grabs a broadsword)

I'll be back in a few.

Have you considered joining the glorious brotherhood of 'people who I don't want to run into in a dark alley'? :D and we promise that you'll still be partially alive at the end of the recruiting process :P

Have you considered joining the glorious brotherhood of 'people who I don't want to run into in a dark alley'? :D and we promise that you'll still be partially alive at the end of the recruiting process :P

Sounds fun! I've already a part of the "People the public wants to lock-up forever" group, but I don't think they'll conflict.

And I'm not sure I'm alive anyway, so don't worry about it.

Well happyman, we of the dark alley respect people's right to disagree ,if you'd like to lodge a formal complaint come see us in the Dark Alley I'm sure we'll be able to stab you with spikes until Ruins influence makes you recant sort out any issues you have.

• Chaos locked this topic