The Raven Throne

I left Newcago, maybe in a bout of my famously hot head, but what's done is done. My powers of Ice are no more but then again they were never truly mine. My compatriots believed me to be a drunkard and more kindhearted than I really am... well... they might be right on the first part a smidge. 

I returned to my homeland after a time, the yellow sun beating upon the top of my head. It's old familiar burn greeted me like the embrace of an old friend. I wandered in to the uninhabited reaches of the endless sands. Many people believe this land to be devoid of life but that is the farthest thing from the truth.

As I take my walk I see squat trees with muted green foliage and animal life unlike many places on this planet. Lizards with bright colors, some moving quickly, other less so.  Snakes slithering through the sand, big and ferocious, Diamond Backs, Sidewinders, Racers and a plethora of others. The birds here are beautiful; Hawks, watching me through dark eyes. Their smaller cousin the falcon, circling above and letting out small screeches that identify them. The I see them, my brethren. Giant, some the size of a large hawk, black winged beasts sitting in a tall Palo Verde. They recognize me as one of their own, a herald of death and the end. Just then my true name came back to me in a rush, Brandon, the Little Raven, the Prince, The Sword, not so little now after my absence. These old friends welcome me home with a simple squawk.

Finally, I am home. I have found a place to build my throne. I welcome back The Old Powers I once knew and a fire erupts inside me. Bowing my head I throw off my black cloak, revealing my silver and black full plate armor with my faithful Reaver strapped to my back. This is the place, the place where I was destined to raise the ancient Throne of Ravens. As I stand there in the middle of the sand, concentrating on the song of the desert the ground begins to shake. Slowly, painfully so, a spire rises from the sand followed by the rest of the massive silver castle. Huge, with soaring buttresses; tall statues carved from obsidian in the form of black cloaked men, painted human skulls in place of carved faces keep a silent vigil over my new kingdom. 

After a time I gather my strength and walk through the massive, black, ironwood doors in to the throne room and there it is. In all its Obsidian and Silver Glory, El Trono del Cuervo: The Raven Throne. The throne is in the form of a giant raven who's eyes of ruby seem dead, it's wings are closed, concealing the seat of kings long dead.

I approached the terrifying bird and shed my armor, revealing my plain black shirt and pants. Upon the closed wings are to hand shaped indentations placed there for the purpose of awakening the guardian of throne. Only one worthy may do this deed. I place my hands in the indentations and Breath, "Awaken, throne of my ancestors and allow me to rule this desolation." Fire erupts from my body and the eyes of the Guardian burst alight with a living fire. I stand back and witness the giant black wings come to life and open, revealing my new throne.

Outside a city begins to rise from the sand, and ancient city built before written memory. Although it looks foreboding, any traveler passing by feels welcome; for now, a new king rules these lands.

Welcome, to the Kingdom of the Silver Raven, where drinks runs freely and the sun shines upon your face. I am BreathTaker, King of these lands. I welcome all who wish to join me with open arms and full mugs of beer. Please, join me.

The Mistress of the Wafflesworn stepped out of the gateway into heat and sand. She stood silently and looked up at the sun, closing her eyes, and feeling the warmth suffuse her.

After that visit to cold Newcago, she went to change and follow the former Lord of Lager to his dominion. She dressed well for this visit, finding it easy to get into old habits. She came from a place so similar from the Raven's that it was eerie.

She dispensed with her white uniform and wore the bold colors of the desert. Red, for the blood that affect her control.

The smooth, flowy fabric caressed her brown skin as she walked on gold and leather slippers to the bright silver castle. Her necklace and belt of silverworked cour'souvras clinked lightly in the desert breeze. The metal...the minds...the souls of her slaves served to remind her what she was doing in this place.

To convince BreathTaker to ally with the Lords of Chaos.

BT sat in his throne, resting from the long journey. He looked up and saw a familiar and friendly face, Mary, it's very nice to see you...

BT raised an eyebrow and looked at Mary Why are you way out here in the forsaken sands?

Edited by BreathTaker

BT sat in his throne, resting from the long journey. He looked up and saw a familiar and friendly face, Mary, it's very nice to see you...

BT raised an eyebrow and looked at Mary Why are you way out here in the forsaken sands?

Queen Elsa walked into the court regally. She smiled when she saw King Breathtaker. Doing a little curtsy, She asked "How are you enjoying your own Kingdom?" Newcago is still your friend, King Breathtaker, you served me very well.

I look away from Mary to the young queen standing in my long silver and black hall, Elsa, you are young but you have potential to be a great queen. Please, call of this pointless war of yours, so the Knave left the court? He's known to be a little... well... *ahem* trickster-ish. That is no reason to attack him or his weird... pony... things... I humbly ask you Elsa, as my friend to stop the war. I hold Elsa's eye for a long while and await her decision. 

Twi, I have Air Conditioning, just because the heat doesn't bother me that doesn't mean I don't enjoy being cool while inside.

I look around for a second and have an idea...  QUIVER, I SUMMON YOU TO THE ORDER OF THE YAK... NOW I bellow in a voice that could be heard across the Void (could someone let him know to meet us there please?)

Edited by BreathTaker

I look away from Mary to the young queen standing in my long silver and black hall, Elsa, you are young but you have potential to be a great queen. Please, call of this pointless war of yours, so the Knave left the court? He's known to be a little... well... *ahem* trickster-ish. That is no reason to attack him or his weird... pony... things... I humbly ask you Elsa, as my friend to stop the war. I hold Elsa's eye for a long while and await her decision.

I will discuss it with the other guilds. I do prefer peace over war in Newcago, but started the war because I thought he was going to destroy Newcago. I will discuss with the Knave.

Mary looked around the silver palace approvingly, swept her red flowing robes behind her and gracefully gave the new king a deep curtsy.

She looked up with slanted eyes at the Raven King and stood up when he nodded an acknowledgment.

"I am here merely as a messenger, milord. From one who desires only that Chaos reign. We are enamored of those who leave the cold palace of Newcago, and we welcome them in our faction as friends...as allies. Our leader, Lord Chaos, offers nothing but unlimited power to those who join him in his reign. We revel in unpredictability, and this chaotic turn of events make us very happy indeed, and desirous to have you in our ranks as an honorary member. A King in your own right, your own rule, but destined to make chaos."

The Mistress of the Wafflesworn walked over to the throne, and with slender fingers traced the intricate pattern of unfurled feathers sculpted on metal.

"You are alone in your quest, milord. New allies pave the way for you to easily establish your reign.", she spoke in a low voice so that only he would hear. "Consider it."

At that she swept down from the dais and took a seat, looking over the Child Queen and Twylight.

"How about we toast this visit? It is not just your palace I wished to see. I also wanted to partake of your famous brew."

Mary looked around the silver palace approvingly, swept her red flowing robes behind her and gracefully gave the new king a deep curtsy.

She looked up with slanted eyes at the Raven King and stood up when he nodded an acknowledgment.

"I am here merely as a messenger, milord. From one who desires only that Chaos reign. We are enamored of those who leave the cold palace of Newcago, and we welcome them in our faction as friends...as allies. Our leader, Lord Chaos, offers nothing but unlimited power to those who join him in his reign. We revel in unpredictability, and this chaotic turn of events make us very happy indeed, and desirous to have you in our ranks as an honorary member. A King in your own right, your own rule, but destined to make chaos."

The Mistress of the Wafflesworn walked over to the throne, and with slender fingers traced the intricate pattern of unfurled feathers sculpted on metal.

"You are alone in your quest, milord. New allies pave the way for you to easily establish your reign.", she spoke in a low voice so that only he would hear. "Consider it."

At that she swept down from the dais and took a seat, looking over the Child Queen and Twylight.

"How about we toast this visit? It is not just your palace I wished to see. I also wanted to partake of your famous brew."

Will someone please tell me what has happened in the last 4 days?

Matrim, the Knave has defected and created The Herd. He went around the guikds trying to assimilate everyone into his MLP-inspired guild. Mailliw was riled, and with Newcago, and subsequently the Observers, are now waging war ton the Herd.

BT, Lord of Lager, resigned his post and went back to his Raven Throne. Twy did the same, professing Peace and Neutrality and built Switzerland. I just go around watching things ensuring chaos rules.

The Lords of Chaos have abstained from RP'ing in their threads, but we are allowed to go everywhere to sow chaos.

Dreamingofcheese exits the portal and realizes he is lost. This can't be where Breathtaker built his home. If the heat won't get you the huge scavenger birds might. Shesh. I look back at the portal. Of course its gone. I knew I should have more silver.

Sigh. I guess I'll knock.

"Hello perchance would you have a portal outbound?"

The Mistress turns around in her chair, looked the lost stranger over, and grinned amusedly.

"Sit down and rest, Stranger. I am going back inworld later on a Gateway and you can come with me then. Partake of the Raven Throne's brew.", she raised a glass to the King on his throne.

D.o.C. looks at the beautiful woman and bows. "Good Lady I seek a friend by...." his eyes finally take in the figure on the throne. "Holy gods, Breathtaker! Why are you sitting on the Throne?"

Then it hits him, his friend and drinking companion is Bloody royalty. But he always made such great drunk. "Well might as well have the darkest brew you got. Your Mega Awesomeness."

Dreaming catches a whiff of something intoxicating. A subtle hint of maple and sweet berries. A memory rises up of mother's kitchen and lazy weekends. "Dear Lady, I am Dreamingofcheese, you are wearing such a tantalizing scent. Is it by chance....waffles?"

Edited by dreamingofcheese

The Lady of Chaos smiled at the stranger and held out her hand gracefully in greeting.

"I like a man who knows his scents. I am Mary QuiteContrary, Mistress of the Wafflesworn and a Lady of Chaos. And what you smell is indeed the scent of waffles."

The Mistress smiled to herself. Her scent changes with every person who smells her, based on their fondest memory. D.o.C. obviously has fond memories of waffles and if she hazards a guess, of motherly love. 

"If I may ask, DreamingofCheese, what is your favorite waffle recipe? Perhaps I can invite you to my kitchen."

Said the spider to the fly, she thought.

Dreaming hand clasps her hand. A gentle warmth spreads through his core . He stammers "Lady...Mistress..Chaos.." when he reases her hand. His mind clears and looks into her eyes again. This time with respect.

"Most High Chaos Walker." His bow is deep. "This unworthy peasant would not dare soil your estate with his presence."

CHEESE, LAD!!!! IT'S GREAT TO SEE YA. What brings you to these parts? I say as I bring D.o.C a heavy porter. Mary, don't pick on the poor lad and Cheesy boy, if she invited ye, yer fine to go to her kitchen. Just be careful. I chuckle as I walk back to my throne and sit down.

Edited by BreathTaker

"Ah, Dreaming. Of course you are welcome. Any fan of waffles is a friend of mine. You can even learn some of our tricks and in exchange all we ask is your blood your soul your screams your recipe for good cheese."

She withdrew her hand from his and looked at BreathTaker. He really does look magnificent in that throne. Perfectly regal.

"Milord, if I may offer. I would like to set up a satellite kitchen here so you wouldn't have to do these menial things yourself."

She waved her hand at the sight of him serving.

"The Wafflesworn can equip it with the requisite servants for your palace. And I promise to choose only the most suitable candidates for the job. I only ask that you ally yourself with the Lords of Chaos. With a kingdom such as yours, why, you are already on your way to creating some chaos yourself. As for this castle, it just needs a woman's hand. Perhaps....a contract?"

She took a sip of the warm brew, and glanced up at the Raven King, waiting for his response.

"Well." Dreamy looks at his friend and takes a deep drink. "I heard through the alevine that you were building a house and came to lend a hand. As for the enchantress my favorite waffles would be any served by your hand and is loaded with fresh berries."

He finishs his drink. He chews the last swallow.

"Do you need help? My sword as it were is at your service." He asks King Breathtaker.

Edited by dreamingofcheese

"Hmmmm...fresh berries. A great idea."

She stroked one of the cour'souvras on her belt, and in a few minutes, a woman in white with seven-banded colors at the hem and cuffs arrived, bearing a bowl of fresh berries, and a large steaming platter of freshly-baked waffles.

"Mistress, for your guests.", the woman said, placing the food on the table and standing on the side to wait for her command. 

The Lady of Chaos waved her hand dismissively, and the Accepted lifted up her skirts and ran out of the palace as fast as she could.

"Dreaming, some of these waffles were what I was doing earlier before I came here. The Belgian one that you see? It was baked with a berry filling inside. I call it the Waffilled. You'd like it. Enjoy.", the Mistress said as she popped a berry in her mouth and smiled warmly.

(Ok going back to third person, first person sucks)

BT chuckled at Cheese's enchantment with Mary but her offer worried him. He used to thrive on chaos, but those were long gone... he though. Maybe it was time to admit the truth to himself, he was nothing without chaos. "I will think on your offer Mary, but it very tempting. As for servants, I have... help," he said, snapping his fingers. At the back of the hall two stone doors opened up and out cane sever figures in black robes with hoods drawn up and gloves. Two carried a larger wooden table between them, two more carried chairs for his guest, another two carried a single chair. The chair was silver and carved in roses, ravens and skulls. After the three were seated at the table more of the mysterious servants brought trays of a shredded meat in a red sauce, a large bowl of a salad made of strange elbow shaped noodles (Macaroni salad), refried beans made with chili; and tortillas. The servants also brought trays of a light, hoppy beer and a large bottle of whiskey. At some point during the serving Cheese caught a glimpse under the hood of one of BT's Muertos and saw a skull. A skull painted in bright colors with flowers and vines and other shapes and well as a spread winged raven across the forehead; their eyes were balls of fire.

Edited by BreathTaker