New Rainbow Dash Presents!

...do...do I need to give context, or...?

Okay, if you don't know, there's a series on YouTube called 'rainbow Dash Presents'. It's an MLP parody series, as might be imagined from the title. The premise is a parody version of Rainbow Dash reading fanfic.

It's a pretty funny series, though the characterisation derives from another parody series.

Point is, Rainbow Dash Presents is great, with a series of videos to it's names. And a new one, based on a fic called 'the Star in Yellow' is due for release on the 18th.

I'm so excited! Yes!

• 4 weeks later...

So, remember how Vin was ponified a while back?

So, now I'm trying to figure out how to ponify the world of Scadrial.

(My motives are self-serving; I want to try and get enough info to play a pony themed Mistborn game somewhere).

Any suggestions? Hemalurgy certainly would add a creepy element to Alicorn Acension... 

I suppose, start with the big thing; alicorns. The obvious comparision would be the paint Celestia as the Lord Ruler; ie, alicorns are unnatural, and the result of heamlurgy. I'm actually conflicted on that; on the one hand, I've always pictured Celestia and Luna as slivers. On the other hand, a benevolent Tyrantlestia might make for a fun story, especially if it does seem to be drawing parrallel's with Rashek?

Edited by Quiver

2 hours ago, Quiver said:

So, remember how Vin was ponified a while back?

So, now I'm trying to figure out how to ponify the world of Scadrial.

(My motives are self-serving; I want to try and get enough info to play a pony themed Mistborn game somewhere).

Any suggestions? Hemalurgy certainly would add a creepy element to Alicorn Acension... 

Hide contents

I suppose, start with the big thing; alicorns. The obvious comparision would be the paint Celestia as the Lord Ruler; ie, alicorns are unnatural, and the result of heamlurgy. I'm actually conflicted on that; on the one hand, I've always pictured Celestia and Luna as slivers. On the other hand, a benevolent Tyrantlestia might make for a fun story, especially if it does seem to be drawing parrallel's with Rashek?

Unicorns are feruchemists. Pegasi are mistings. True alicorns. Artificial alicorns are inquisitors. 

On 09/07/2016 at 5:49 PM, Silverblade5 said:

Unicorns are feruchemists. Pegasi are mistings. True alicorns. Artificial alicorns are inquisitors. 

I don't really want to do astraught one to one conversion; if that were the case, why not just use the Canon settings? What I think I'm aiming for is...

More like, the situation of Mistborn, in the world of Equestria?

Some stuff I am considering for Mistpony:

- Celestia is Rashek parallel. But, I'm viewing her tyranny as more of...a cloying paternalism, rather than outright oppression. The mantra of Love, Tolerance and Friendship, taken to an oppressive extreme, rather than (open) slavery and brutality. 

- Inquisitors, I'm thinking are her formers students; ponies who could have ascended, so Tia gave then an added push n the form of hemalurgy. Thinking of the leader of the group being Starswirl, with Cadence and Sunset as Inquisitors. Twilight would, I suppose, be the Marsh of the group; an obligatory who gets ear marked and transfered over.

1 hour ago, Quiver said:

I don't really want to do astraught one to one conversion; if that were the case, why not just use the Canon settings? What I think I'm aiming for is...

More like, the situation of Mistborn, in the world of Equestria?

Some stuff I am considering for Mistpony:

Hide contents

- Celestia is Rashek parallel. But, I'm viewing her tyranny as more of...a cloying paternalism, rather than outright oppression. The mantra of Love, Tolerance and Friendship, taken to an oppressive extreme, rather than (open) slavery and brutality. 

- Inquisitors, I'm thinking are her formers students; ponies who could have ascended, so Tia gave then an added push n the form of hemalurgy. Thinking of the leader of the group being Starswirl, with Cadence and Sunset as Inquisitors. Twilight would, I suppose, be the Marsh of the group; an obligatory who gets ear marked and transfered over.

Sorry, mind is currently stuck in character conversion mode

Instead of mist, there's chocolate milk 

Breeze=Cadence

Kelsier = Twilight 

Spook = Fluttershy

Applejack/Big Mac = Ham/Clubs

Demoux = Granny Smith (Admin)

Crystal Ponies = Obligators?

Centaurs = Inquisitors (Tirek steals magic)

Sombra = Lord Prelan

The conflict is Celesta vs Discord

Rashek = Twilight (Cel's number one student, trying to fix what she broke)

Because twi is taking the role of Rashek, Luna can be Kelsier 

Could changlings be a sub for Koloss?

Edited by Silverblade5

1 minute ago, Silverblade5 said:

What instrument? If you can find me some alto saxophone, we might be able to jamb.

Haha, that'd be awesome. :P Unfortunately, while I technically can play the piano, I'm not good at it.

And they're not like official sheets or anything, they're arrangements by DJDelta0, who you can find on YouTube. :)

16 minutes ago, Slowswift said:

Haha, that'd be awesome. :P Unfortunately, while I technically can play the piano, I'm not good at it.

And they're not like official sheets or anything, they're arrangements by DJDelta0, who you can find on YouTube. :)

1. It doesn't need to be good. It just needs to be.

2. They don't need to be official. They just need to have visible notes and a key signature.

15 minutes ago, Silverblade5 said:

1. It doesn't need to be good. It just needs to be.

2. They don't need to be official. They just need to have visible notes and a key signature.

I see. :P

I think I saw something on his channel about sax arrangements, though...

Lyra giggled and bopped his nose with her hoof. “Nope! But I’m an adorable pony and I can just make big, sad eyes at you to save myself from any possible repercussions to my eccentricities.”

A soft sigh left the human, and he shook his head. “I hate how aware you are of your cuteness.”

-Lyra, a fanfiction 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

A while back, I posted a link to Moonrise, a Symphonic Metal orchestra about the rise of Nightmare Moon. And it clocked in at about 25 minutes.

"Wow, that's long," I said. "Cool song though."

I just happened to check in on the L-Train's channel. I've been busy lately, but I wanted to listen to Moonrise and what in the name of Celestia is this. 

Symphonic Metal Orchestra about King Sombra.
Clocking in at 50 minutes. 

...Well. Okay then. I'm starting to listen to it now, so...

Edited by Quiver

13 hours ago, Quiver said:

A while back, I posted a link to Moonrise, a Symphonic Metal orchestra about the rise of Nightmare Moon. And it clocked in at about 25 minutes.

"Wow, that's long," I said. "Cool song though."

I just happened to check in on the L-Train's channel. I've been busy lately, but I wanted to listen to Moonrise and what in the name of Celestia is this. 

Symphonic Metal Orchestra about King Sombra.
Clocking in at 50 minutes. 

...Well. Okay then. I'm starting to listen to it now, so...

Quiver, thank you so much for this wonderful form of stress relief.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Huh. So...

The Friends Forever comic is being cancelled. Which is a shame, but I have to admit, I haven't been reading the comics for a little while. Still, I liked the fact Friends Forever highlighted some lesser shown characters and pairings, and it's a shame to see it going.

... But it's being replaced by a book called Legends of Equestria. The solicit says it's going to reveal the "Secret History of Equestria", and one of the cover variants shows Starswirl the Bearded, and the G3 ponies

All of the headcanons are about to get smashed, but okay IDW. You got my attention. :ph34r: