Hahahaha oh wow. It's things like this that make me worry about our general level of obsessiveness. But I certainly can't fault your logic or impeccable diagrams. Can you imagine a pillow fight in Voidbinding Pillow Armour? :D it's like sleepoverform Parshendi or something :P

Edited by Delightful

Wow.

I thought from the title of the thread that this would be kind of silly. I mean, "The Knights Absorbent"? Really? Then I opened it and began reading. Well, I thought, this is starting out like most of Tempus's theories do. A centered title, sections. Cool.

I read on, thinking, As usual with Tempus, this displays impeccable logic. Cool. An insightful take on some aspect of Brandon's work. Awesome. Diagrams. Epic. I wonder where this is going?

Then I got to the phrase "cardboard tube sword". Excuse me? thought I. Then I read on.

And cracked up.

Edited by GreyPilgrim

I had the same reaction as you, GreyPilgrim!  The thing is, the logic here is so sound and the initial part sounds so plausible that the cardboard tube sword hits you like a, well, cardboard tube sword upside the head!

I think the truly shocking thing is how the Brawny man is the most crafty, despicable man Hoid has ever met.

Maybe Hoid's old house was really messy and Rayse, the Brawny man, came up with increasingly crafty ways to clean it.

Hah, we've all been played for fools. Hoid's origin story won't be a novel, but a sitcom.

• 4 months later...

I love the way that everyone expected a joke, then started viewing it as a real theory when you had the fancy diagrams of the Knights Radiant, and then, out of the blue, a cardboard-tube sword. Well done. Have an up-vote.

P.S. My God!!! Tempus is a Seer!!! He must have seen the future of what the Knights absorbent will look like. This is all REAL!!! (Dramatic music starts playing)

Edited by TheYoungBard

I think the truly shocking thing is how the Brawny man is the most crafty, despicable man Hoid has ever met.

Maybe Hoid's old house was really messy and Rayse, the Brawny man, came up with increasingly crafty ways to clean it.

Hah, we've all been played for fools. Hoid's origin story won't be a novel, but a sitcom.

Something like this?

Odd_couple_DLP25862.jpg

I was with most people; went in skeptical based on the title, began to be convinced otherwise at the start, then a slow smile broke as I neared the end and I immediately added this to my Espoused Theories because there was really no other option. Good work.

• Chaos locked this topic