Caton of Inquisition: The Roster

Satsuoni

This here is roster of all members of the Caton, and their abilities, equipment and statuses, updated as often as I wake up, nya. Please report here once your head has cleared and you have decided what you want to be,and what original powers you want to have. You all wake up... well almost all, nya... with 7 atium spikes in your body (5 screws hidden in your skull.. I had to put you to sleep so you wouldn't wiggle as much when I drove them home.. the position is precious, nya, especially for the small bodies that most of the members have, and two in you shoulders implanted along the bones), but if you want we can replace them, or some of them with basic metal, 4 for Emotional Fortitude, 3 for Mental, for stability.Also one in your eye, for Ironsight, since that feel right. In addition, you can choose up to 5 spikes initially, as listed in the R&D. You can report your wishes here, but just once, and all other spikes have to be earned, and implanted in R&D (with some exceptions).

Now I should introduce myself, shouldn't I? As you can see, I am not a cat *sigh*, well mostly. I am a human. Yet my vertical-pupiled eyes and um... hair distribution seem to speak otherwise, does it not? Well, that is a memento! Yes, a precious memory, and a precious gift indeed. See the scar in my forhead? There is a zinc spike behind it. I hid it, so not to attract attention.. Did not work out very well in the end, nya. But I digress. This spike carries the essence of the cat, the one I lived with most of my life, and the only living thing that I truly loved. But alas, the cat's lifespan is short, and at the age of 19 she fell ill, and there was nothing I could do. She was the only living relative of mine, and I have decided that life was not worth living without her. I was and allomantic researcher at that time, a twinborn of the rarest variety, so i had access to a lot of pointy metal things at the time. I grabbed the first thing that seemed up to a job, which happened to be a zinc spike, put the poor cat out of her misery (she was barely conscious and crying incessantly), lodged the spike in the table and headbutted it.

Imagine my surprise when I woke up. At first, one would have thought that I have failed in killing myself, but the piece of metal was lodged in my brain almost the whole length. Also, I felt... different (not surprising, that part). Calmer somehow, more detached, and craving fish. Curious, too, nya. So i drove the spike completely into my skull, covered the wound and went on to investigate my survival, eventually arriving at the mentions of Hemalurgy in some old documents dating from the Origin. My then, the physical change has begun.. and now I am as you see me.. But enough about me for now. Tell me. What are you?

Out of character:

Some rules: the initial 8 spikes are as defined above. You can post up to 5 additional spikes in the character application. For additional powers please post in R&D topic or describe in detail on storyline.

Please delineate the out-of-character posts somehow. I'll be using cursive for that. Also, please keep them to the minimum in the story topic, or the posts will be deleted.

There will be a roster of characters in this post, but only with current powers/abilities/status. For detailed background the original application post will be preserved.

If I make any errors in the update, please inform me.

Character template (approximate. Made by Emeralis.):

Name : (Perhaps the most important part of your character, go crazy)

Age : (adult human age is 18, cat adult age is about 1-2 year)

Class/occupation: (pretty much anything for a human. Cats in the Inquisition have specific classes generally, normal cats are either domesticated or feral)

Species : Mainly cats, please. If a human, a detailed story of how he/she learned of Caton and came to join/oppose it is required. Application (human) may or may not be accepted, sorry. Also, kandra/koloss have the same rules as human.

breed: (applicable for cats only)

relationships:

Description: (physical traits, not spikes, unusual characteristics, height, weight, length)

Spikes: (any spikes above the standard, humans don't have initial spikes, except me ;))

Personality: (likes/dislikes, habits)

Skills: (what can they do well?)

Background/history: (bad experiences, good experiences, family story, how did they end up where they are now?)

My own character:

Name: Satsu

Species: human with hemalugically transferres cat traits.

Spikes: Atium spike for allomantic pewter. Zinc spike for cat mind (and accompanying physical changes). Atium spike for Mental Fortitude (sanity).

Skills: Nicrosil twinborn, can store and compound the burning of metals in metalminds. Other applications under research.

Surgery, hemalurgic implantation, knowledge of bind points.

Cat empathy - capacity to understand, in a way, the desires of a normal cat.

Character: Slightly unstable, disregard for lives not emotionally connected to him, acts like a cat at times, tends to sleep often.

Appearance: humanoid, around 180 cm in height, green slitted eyes, fingernails changed halfway to craws, body covered by thin whitish down, head hair: white-red, relatively short (around 10cm) but growing from the neck, resulting in a kind of mane. Prominent cat fangs.

Emeralis00's character:

Name: Avidhu (Formerly Darick)

Class/occupation: Director

Species: Feline

-breed: Russian Blue

Description: Vivid Green eyes; Coat is Short, dense, fine, and plush(double coat stands out from body due to density), distinct soft and silky feel; Coloration is dark blue with silver tipped hairs giving a slivery sheen; tail is long and proportional tapering to a tip

-Spikes: Bronze spike(Allomantic Bronze), Bronze spike (Allomantic Brass), Bronze spike (Allomantic Zinc), Aluminum spike (Allomantic Duralumin), Brass spike (Feruchemical Duralumin)

NOTE: Avidhu doesn't have the normal standard set of spikes. His standard set is 3 Atium alloy spikes (copper, zinc and aluminum) as transfer/sentience spikes, and two emotional fortitude and mental fortitude spikes each for stability (zinc and copper) for a total of 7 spikes.

Personality: Reserved, likes routine, polite, quiet, expects politeness from others, and appears absent minded a lot, but is playful with close friends. Behind this exterior, however, he is a schemer and will not hesitate to use any and every person he can to achieve his goals; he just does it nicely.

Skills: Good at commanding attention, good at manipulating crowds with Brass and Zinc, excellent speaker, literate, can open doors (literally), great planner

Background/history: See below

TheObliderator's character:

Name: Baron

Class/occupation: Brawn/Thief

Species : Feline

breed: Panther

relationships: recluse

Description: Smooth, short, shiny black fur. Due to a growth defect, only about twice the size of a normal house cat (small for a panther). Bright yellow eyes and a long, round-ended tail. Has a distinctive grey cross on his face, passing over and under his eyes and crossing his upper nose. (X not + cross) The blunt end of a single shiny spike is visible in its forehead, just above the middle of the cross. When not retracted, its claws are also shiny metal.

Spikes: Allomantic Iron(steel spike), Feruchemy Iron (pewter spike), Human Strength (atium spike), Steel (Allomantic & Feruchemical)(steel and pewter).

Personality: likes the dark, privacy, shiny objects (coins/jewelry) and speed. Speaks to others mainly when in need of something. Not as serious as he looks though and has a weak spot for practical jokes.

Dislikes crowds, the sewer, children, and small spaces.

Skills: Due to his size, he isn't able to get into small places like the other cats and thus often has to find his own routes. Favors the open air to confined spaces and is thus able to travel around the city using rooftops and pushing very effectively. Due to his love of shiny things, he is also skilled at discretely pulling and pushing on metal, particularly coins. His size also gives him the advantage of being somewhat stronger than the other cats, which is increased more by his hemalurgic iron claw-spike.

Full Post with background:

Edited by Satsuoni

Here he is. My character.

Name: Avidhu (Formerly Darick)

Class/occupation: Director

Species: Feline

-breed: Russian Blue

Description: Vivid Green eyes; Coat is Short, dense, fine, and plush(double coat stands out from body due to density), distinct soft and silky feel; Coloration is dark blue with silver tipped hairs giving a slivery sheen; tail is long and proportional tapering to a tip

-Spikes: Bronze spike(Allomantic Bronze), Bronze spike (Allomantic Brass), Bronze spike (Allomantic Zinc), Aluminum spike (Allomantic Duralumin), Brass spike (Feruchemical Duralumin)

NOTE: Avidhu doesn't have the normal standard set of spikes. His standard set is 3 Atium alloy spikes (copper, zinc and aluminum) as transfer/sentience spikes, and two emotional fortitude and mental fortitude spikes each for stability (zinc and copper) for a total of 7 spikes.

Personality: Reserved, likes routine, polite, quiet, expects politeness from others, and appears absent minded a lot, but is playful with close friends. Behind this exterior, however, he is a schemer and will not hesitate to use any and every person he can to achieve his goals; he just does it nicely.

Skills: Good at commanding attention, good at manipulating crowds with Brass and Zinc, excellent speaker, literate, can open doors (literally), great planner

Background/history: Both of the Darick’s parents died after he reached maturity from a murder-suicide by his father. Being the youngest of seven brothers, Darick got nothing from his family’s assets. What’s worse, several of his brothers blamed him for their parent’s death, and Darick was forced out of town. It was at this time that Darick also contracted a debilitating and incurable disease which would eventually kill him. Several years later, poor and weak from the disease, Darick met, through accidental circumstance, a man who claimed to have a way to escape Darick’s final demise.

Accepting the offer, Darick learned of a forbidden art known as hemalurgy. Through this dark art, Darick transferred his mind in its entirety into the body of a cat. Upon completing the transfer Darick renamed himself Avidhu, joined Satsu and proposed the creation of a Caton of Inquisition.

As a cat, Avidhu spends his time organizing efforts to recruit new members for the new Caton, keeping humans of the surrounding area away from snooping around Satsu’s mansion, or luring unfortunates in. In each of these situations, Avidhu uses his Soothing and Rioting powers and ability to store and tap Connection to great extent.

Edited by Emeralis00

Name : Baron (originally the much less serious Darth Mittens)

Class/occupation: Brawn/Thief

Species : Feline

breed: Panther

relationships: recluse

Description: Smooth, short, shiny black fur. Due to a growth defect, only about twice the size of a normal house cat (small for a panther). Bright yellow eyes and a long, round-ended tail. Has a distinctive grey cross on his face, passing over and under his eyes and crossing his upper nose. (X not + cross) The blunt end of a single shiny spike is visible in its forehead, just above the middle of the cross. When not retracted, its claws are also shiny metal.

Spikes: Iron (All three types), Steel (Allomantic & Feruchemical)

Personality: likes the dark, privacy, shiny objects (coins/jewelry) and speed. Speaks to others mainly when in need of something. Not as serious as he looks though and has a weak spot for practical jokes.

Dislikes crowds, the sewer, children, and small spaces.

Skills: Due to his size, he isn't able to get into small places like the other cats and thus often has to find his own routes. Favors the open air to confined spaces and is thus able to travel around the city using rooftops and pushing very effectively. Due to his love of shiny things, he is also skilled at discretely pulling and pushing on metal, particularly coins. His size also gives him the advantage of being somewhat stronger than the other cats, which is increased more by his hemalurgic iron claw-spike.

Background/history: Originally owned by a wealthy family and brought back from an expedition in a foreign country, he lived surrounded by the riches of a mansion. After the family's children became sick with a foreign disease, he was blamed and the family attempted to have him killed. He escaped into the slums, leaving his lavish life behind. His obsession with coins and jewelry, (as well as hatred of children) and love of open spaces stem mainly from these events.

Edited by TheObliderator

• 2 months later...

Name : Chunky

Class/occupation: Object of study

Species : Mistwraith

breed: Uses the bones of the common tabby cat (found dead in an alley)

relationships: Love/Hate relationship with former obligator owner, Felicity. (MBI crossover? WHAT?)

Description: Chunky looks like the average tabby cat, except for the fact that his skin is entirely transparent. Also, occasionally he develops random bulges here or there. Nobody really knows why.

Spikes: Chunkey has seven spikes, though they are not the standard (waiting for approval). There are four atium ones (one each for allomantic atium, malatium, gold, and electrum). Not really understanding how to use these powers leaves Chunkey often very dazed and confused. Being a mistwraith, he has less need for feruchemical gold or atium. His other three spikes are a combination of zinc and copper spikes, used to bring sentience. However, the spikes used on Chunky were fourth-hand, and had been in storage for some time. Even with three, he was only barely breached the barrier between being a sentient life form and a thoughtless scavenger.

Personality: Likes: potted plants and the pots they come in, rancid meet, falling down stairs. Dislikes: old people. Habits: Digesting random things, randomly burning some combination of atium, gold, malatium, and electrum and becoming so disorientated he falls down stairs, forming random bulges on his body for no apparent reason.

Skills: Very hard to kill, functionally immortal, weak only to acid. Impossible to corrupt with ideas contrary to the Caton's goals (also impossible to indoctrinate).

Background/history:

Chunky was found at a very young age, in 918 FE, by a retired obligator named Felicity. Hoping to study mistwraiths, the old woman abducted Chunky before he could grow to the monstrous size he was surely destined for, and kept him in her shop. In order to keep him at a manageable size, the cruel woman kept him on a diet of only what was needed to survive. Driven to extremes by hunger, Chunky often tried to find other sources of food, such as Felicity's many potted plants, or the pots they were planted in (the pots were usually the safer of the two). When he was caught doing this, Felicity would often kick him down the stairs, heedless of the pain it caused him, leaving him all night to wallow in pain in her basement until the next morning when she brought him the bones of another small animal to use for a body (all ready picked clean by one of her kandra).

It was a harsh life, but Chunky was nearly mindless at time, so it didn't matter overly much to him. In their time together, he actually began to develop a fondness for Felicity, even though he hated her as much as a mindless scavenger could hate for starving him and kicking him down the stairs. Then one day, the old hag died, leaving Chunky alone.

He survived out in the wild for a time. He found, however, that Felicity's treatment of him had severely stunted his growth. As things were, he was unable to grow beyond the size of a larger than average house cat. He lived in the alley ways of luthadel, surviving off of scraps. Years passed this way, and Chunky watched (or ignored) the fall of hte final empire, the near destruction of the world, and the rebuilding with mild indifference.

Then one day, he was found by the Caton. Using mainly cat bones at the time to form his skeleton, the agent (likely an incompetent human hireling, for what Cat would be so foolish?) mistook him for a strange breed of feline. When he was brought back, the human's cat masters harshly rebuked him and had him turned into a spike. Then they had to decide what to do about Chunky. Some argued to throw him back out in the wild, but somehow, something about his pitiful, twisted, stunted form demanded pity. It was decided he would be made into a Cat-Quisitor, like the rest of them, for the ostensible reason of doing tests on him, because of his unique situation. Not wanting to use fully charged spikes on so lowly a creature (not even a real mammal, let alone a feline), left over spikes were used instead. They also included several temporal allomantic powers, wanting to see how an inferior mind would cope with such a confusing combination of powers.

And so Chunky was born.

Oh my gosh a person! Welcome to the Caton of Inquisition. I though that this idea was pretty much dead. I'll get to you when I can, as I was not expecting anyone to actually participate. Seriously, look at the dates on those last few posts. Nonetheless welcome.

I remember what we were doing :) I was wandering in the direction of the atium supply in the caverns. Emeralis [sorry, forgot the name] was showing Baron around.

The thing is, some of the lore (like investiture lore) has advanced somewhat (although many of the points have not been resolved). So I think we'll need a story jump a bit.

Edited by Satsuoni

• 9 months later...

Name. Alfie.

Gender. Male.

Age. 2 years.

Species. Feline.

Breed. Mixed, probably. Unknown.

Description. Red brown fur with black stripes, very thick coat which is soft and warm to the touch, a fierce look in his golden eyes. A thick bushy tail which remains thick and furry to the end and medium sized paws.

Spikes. The usual 8.

Above that, he has spikes for allomatic powers with zinc, brass, steel, tin, and electrum. Savant with electrum, able to see approximately one hour into the future and commune with future self. Made to control crowds and influence populations for any politicians who had a lot of cash and not enough votes. Zinc and brass to enflame and soothe crowds, steel to push metal, tin to see and hear everything, and electrum so he can get information before he hears it from the crowd.

Personality. Very lazy, very satisfied with himself. Sees himself as much more important than anyone else because he is truly an amazing cat. He loves manipulating people to get what he wants because he deserves it and his slightest touch makes people happy so why not? Low tolerance for pain, not very into violence or conflicts. He has always got what he needed through friendship and manipulation and has a rather dark history with any sort of fights and so would prefer to avoid them.

He doesn't trust anyone and believes all people will abandon him eventually (with reasonable cause from his history) and so seeks to get whatever he can out of a situation and be ready to leave and run at any time. He has a habit of hanging around food places begging for food and nuzzling against people's hands. He tends to sleep very erratically, and is normally slightly on edge.

Skills. Excellent diplomat. Very good at convincing others to do what he wants.

Can mouth read perfectly, can read emotions excellently.

Proficient with all available metals.

Very flashy and fashionable room.

Extremely skilled gambler.

Terrible fighter, doesn't like hurting people.

Poor financer. Spends any wealth or food as soon as anything comes up.

Low agility/sense of balance.

Low pain tolerance. Really did not like being spiked.

Poor reputation among cats.

History. A long time ago he was a happy house cat. He would nuzzle, kiss and play with his outland family. He knew all the best routes and places to play in their little abode. They were not an especially rich family, but they were a happy and quite good family. Their moral purity was not that helpful when a very dangerous and murderous criminal organisation decided to take whatever they had.

That family paid the local officials off, paid everyone to look the other way and sent a trained team of psychopaths in to destroy and kill. Only Alfie survived, running away. He hit the road and found his way to Elendel.

After that he survived on the streets, scrounging, mewing, and avoiding anyone dangerous. He pissed off a lot of cats, betraying many when he felt worried or insecure. Until a researcher found him purring for food outside their door...

Edited by Nepene

Oh my. Completely forgot about this. No guarantees on this actually going somewhere, but Sats and I talked a while ago about restarting our little story. So after finals I'll see if I can put something up if I am not busy. About your character though, this takes place in the time period of Alloy of Law.

Oh my. Completely forgot about this. No guarantees on this actually going somewhere, but Sats and I talked a while ago about restarting our little story. So after finals I'll see if I can put something up if I am not busy. About your character though, this takes place in the time period of Alloy of Law.

I talked with Sats, he said he enjoyed the setting a lot and wanted to roleplay with anyone. So it'll probably go somewhere.

I shall update, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Catching up on reading. I may join in, if Chunky is approved and I have time. Glad to see there is still life here.

Approval given, sats is controlling the story right now so talk to him about integrating into the story. I'll poke my head in later when I catch up with other obligations.

Catching up on reading. I may join in, if Chunky is approved and I have time. Glad to see there is still life here.

I would certainly appreciate you and Chunky roleplaying with us. I saw your description of him and he looked quite crazy and fun :)

I find it quite amusing that both of us will have combat incapable characters with weak minds who are constantly confused by visions of the future.